Preparing for the next level - 14 September 2013 | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Preparing for the next level - 14 September 2013

Postby DavidHT » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:55 pm

http://welshforadults.cardiff.ac.uk/learning/courses/entry/preparing-next-level-paratoi-ar-gyfer-y-lefel-nesaf

Cardiff University are running a series of one-day courses to help people prepare to move up to the next level. For further details see the link above, there are courses to suit every level of aptitude.
David HT
I reached (southern) cwrs 2 gwers 18, and struggled. Went back to the beginning of course 2, by way of revision, and light relief! Currently revising gwers 9.
Please feel free to correct my Welsh, and if you can explain why that's even better!
Currently doing Mynediad 2 at evening classes.
DavidHT
SSiW Member

Re: Preparing for the next level - 14 September 2013

Postby dreamsofwales » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:23 pm

These look interesting David, really cheap and a good excuse for a trip to Cardiff.... as if one was needed.
Have you been to one before? Is the emphasis on spoken Welsh or on reading/ writing ?
Looking forward to hearing more about it and to meeting you on Saturday.
Course three (southern) lesson twenty two and have dabbled with the Course one gog lessons.
dreamsofwales
SSiW Member

Postby DavidHT » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:26 pm

dreamsofwales wrote:These look interesting David, really cheap and a good excuse for a trip to Cardiff.... as if one was needed. Have you been to one before? Is the emphasis on spoken Welsh or on reading/ writing? Looking forward to hearing more about it and to meeting you on Saturday.

I went to one of their day courses in March, a revision course. All the disciplines were explored - speaking, reading, writing and listening, but possibly a little more emphasis on spoken Welsh.
David HT
I reached (southern) cwrs 2 gwers 18, and struggled. Went back to the beginning of course 2, by way of revision, and light relief! Currently revising gwers 9.
Please feel free to correct my Welsh, and if you can explain why that's even better!
Currently doing Mynediad 2 at evening classes.
DavidHT
SSiW Member

Postby Dee » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:27 am

I've been to one before too and I enjoyed it. They tend to be revision so they go through what you need to remember from the previous level. The focus for the earlier levels is on speaking (though with grammar points such as 'softenings' drilled as well) and for the more advanced levels there is more reading and writing involved. All give lots of opportunities to speak Welsh though and are usually very enjoyable. Just listen carefully during the breaks and choose to sit with those that continue in Welsh rather than some little groups that drop back into English.
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Return to Cardiff (and the Vale of Glamorgan)