Coming Events 2013 | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Coming Events 2013

Postby Dee » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Cardiff and the Vale Welsh for Adults seems determined to give learners lots of different events and activities to go to this year. Here are a couple of the first ones they've announced:

Jan 26th - A Saturday Course in the Old Hall College, Cowbridge
4 hours of lessons plus activities, a book shop and coffee all day! £15 for the day if you book before Jan 23rd, bring your own food.

To register go to www.learnwelsh.co.uk, ring 02920 874 710, or email condons [at] cf.ac.uk

Join in one of the various Reading Clubs that are running around Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. Have a look at: http://welshforadults.cardiff.ac.uk/lea ... ding-clubs
Note that there is a Contingency Fund that you may apply for if necessary to help with the cost of purchasing the book.
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Re: Coming Events 2013

Postby rempesm » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:30 pm

I'll be a bit preoccupied on the 26th in Aberystwyth but I'm glad to see they're putting more events on in the new year. I may have to make my way eastwards on the A40 (groan) to show some support in the near future.

I'll bookmark their events page for now but do let us know if there's anything else coming up! Always happy to meet learners from different areas of Wales.
Currently working on: SSIW Course 3, Lesson 22 (Southern)
Cywirwch fi os gwelwch chi'n dda! / Correct me please!
rempesm
SSiW Member

Re: Coming Events 2013

Postby Dee » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Something new from Welsh for Adults Cardiff and the Vale - sessions learning to read Welsh with your baby/toddler:

Fun, informal sessions for learners who want to to build their confidence to read in Welsh with their children.
All sessions are free and suitable for children under 5.

Taster session
Saturday, March 23
10.30am - 11.30am
Cardif Central Library, The Hayes

Weekly sessions
1.30pm - 2.30pm
friday afternoons starting April 12 till June 21
Cardiff Story, The Old Library, The Hayes

For more information visit the Welsh for Adults website - learnwelsh.co.uk or e-mail devonalda@cf.ac.uk

Organised by Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan Welsh for Adults Centre
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Return to Cardiff (and the Vale of Glamorgan)