Coffi and chat in Barry | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Coffi and chat in Barry

Postby Carolynne » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I notice you have put dates for the above on your list of places to practise speaking Welsh with other people but, just to warn you, I have been there on two Saturday mornings running and nobody turned up!!! I e-mailed the person who runs them but she didn't seem to know why there wasn't anyone there and has not come back to me with any further information. It is a little annoying to waste time like this and I was very disappointed as, unfortunately, I don't know anyone who wants or is able to speak Welsh with me.
Any other suggestions most welcome,
kind regards,
Carolyn.
ps seriously fed up with speaking Welsh to the old dog and old horse!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carolynne
SSiW Member

Re: Coffi and chat in Barry

Postby Dee » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:20 pm

That is seriously disappointing. Unfortunately when it comes to coffee mornings or conversation groups organised by people outside SSiW we can only go by the information they give us, but that notice from Barry was fairly recent.

I would suggest you don't waste your time any further and leave it until you either hear from the woman you contacted, or if someone here on the forum knows more about it and can give some more information. I know someone in Barry who goes to learners' events there sometimes, so I'll see what I can find out from her as well.

But if you'd like to practise your Welsh and can get up to Cardiff on a Saturday morning, we meet in Coffee #1 near Cardiff Central station on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 10:30. That would give you an opportunity to meet others and have a go and sometimes the lady I know from Barry is there. It would be good if I could put you into contact with her as she's always looking for more chances to practise too. The next meet-up will be on the 17th March.
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Postby hewrop » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:36 am

Sut dweud "What's Occurin"? :harhar:
Huw
hewrop
The Magnificent Saith

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:13 am

hewrop wrote:Sut dweud "What's Occurin"? :harhar:
Huw

Dim byd from the sound of it Huw :wink:
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Postby Carolynne » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Thank you VERY much Dee, barring unforseen circumstances I will be in Cardiff 17th March,
Carolyn.
Carolynne
SSiW Member

Postby Dee » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:50 pm

I've found out that the Saturday morning coffee and chat is now held in the Barry Library between 9:30 and 12 noon. I'm not sure how you recognise the group, but hopefully if you don't hear anyone speaking Welsh, someone at the desk may know.
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Postby akela » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:50 am

I have been looking for some practice in Barry as well. I heard about the group in the library only on Thursday this week. I have already made arrangements to go to Coffee #1 this Saturday - 17th - maybe we can have a chat then and sort something out?
akela
SSiW Member

Postby Carolynne » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:08 pm

I hope very much to be in Cardiff on Saturday, the only thing that might stop me will be the thousands of Rugby fans trying to get into Cardiff as the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carolyn.
Carolynne
SSiW Member

Postby akela » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Do you want to try meeting up in Barry on Saturday? I can make it for 10am (9.30am is too optimistic!)
akela
SSiW Member

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:05 am

It was great to meet you and your husband, Avril. I've checked with my friend, Ann, who lives in Barry and is an occasional user of SSiW and she's happy to be contacted if you're going to get together at all. Her name on the forum is barrygirl if you'd like to send her an email. She's very friendly and chatty so good value when you're getting a group together. Perhaps this will be the start of a regular Barry SSiW Meet-up!
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Next

Return to Cardiff (and the Vale of Glamorgan)