Latest from Cardiff & the Vale Welsh for Adults | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Latest from Cardiff & the Vale Welsh for Adults

Postby Dee » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:00 pm

News from Suzanne:

COME ALONG TO THE RESIDENTIAL COURSE or SATURDAY COURSE at DAN Y COED, The Mumbles!
Friday 18 October - Sunday 20 October 2013
Single room Full Board £150
Shared room Full Board £105
Saturday with lunch 8.45 - 17.30 Only £18

There will be lessons, revision and activities to practise what you have learnt in the classroom. This is an opportunity for you to enjoy Welsh, share experiences and make new friends so why not come along to the Three Day Bootcamp for Foundation and Intermediate learners?

Learners of all levels welcome on the Saturday!

The whole day costs £18
Closing Date: 9 October (*No lunch included after this date).

Register by going to the website
www.learnwelsh.co.uk,
phone 029 20 874 710 or
Email condons@cf.ac.uk

Suzanne will be in the Cherry Orchard pub at 7.30 this Friday. Come for a chat.

Tafarn y Cherry orchard,
Barry Rd
Barry
CF62 8EH

Drama Gymraeg
Celebrating 10 years, Cardiff based 3D Theatre Company are taking the original Welsh language play, Wyneb Dros Dro, on tour around Wales. This warm and funny play delves into the heart of family dysfunction over the Christmas period.

Upon reaching his mother’s house for Christmas, Dylan, and his sulking wife, find his newly divorced mother has a surprising spring to her step, and it’s all down to a new man in her life, a man young enough to be her son. Forced into close quarters, tensions build, the wine flows and family secrets are revealed.

Touring nationally for the first time, you are invited to enjoy, for the safe distance of your seat, family at their best and worst over the most stressful time of the year.

Cast: Manon Eames, Dyfrig Evans, Llinos Daniel & Rhodri Trefor
Director: William Gwyn

14 - 15 October- Stiwdio Weston, Canolfan Mileniwm Cymru
Swyddfa Docynnau: 02920 636464 / www.wmc.org.uk/weston
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Re: Latest from Cardiff & the Vale Welsh for Adults

Postby geek » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:56 am

Dee wrote:Drama Gymraeg
Celebrating 10 years, Cardiff based 3D Theatre Company are taking the original Welsh language play, Wyneb Dros Dro, on tour around Wales. This warm and funny play delves into the heart of family dysfunction over the Christmas period.

Upon reaching his mother’s house for Christmas, Dylan, and his sulking wife, find his newly divorced mother has a surprising spring to her step, and it’s all down to a new man in her life, a man young enough to be her son. Forced into close quarters, tensions build, the wine flows and family secrets are revealed.

Touring nationally for the first time, you are invited to enjoy, for the safe distance of your seat, family at their best and worst over the most stressful time of the year.
As a self-confessed theatre-holic very much my thing, found a slightly better link, with all of the tour dates:

http://www.cwmnitheatr3d.co.uk/
geek

Postby Anitamary » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi. I m fairly new to the forum. I live in Basingstoke but my husbands family and so many of my friends live in your area we spend most half terms and hols staying in the vale. I would be interested in any chance to speak welsh well try to speak welsh actually in Wales. We are staying near ogmore at the end of oct and wondered if you had any events the English may we able to attend.? Cheers.
Anitamary

Postby Dee » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:29 am

Anitamary wrote:Hi. I m fairly new to the forum. I live in Basingstoke but my husbands family and so many of my friends live in your area we spend most half terms and hols staying in the vale. I would be interested in any chance to speak welsh well try to speak welsh actually in Wales. We are staying near ogmore at the end of oct and wondered if you had any events the English may we able to attend.? Cheers.

Hi Anita!

Probably your best bet would be to contact someone in the Barry group: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9734 as they meet quite regularly and go to things together.

If I hear of things on from the Cardiff and the Vale Welsh for Adults organisation I generally post them in this thread, but SSiW doesn't actually organise these events. We just help to publicise them and give SSiWers an opportunity to use their Welsh with others.

If you start a new topic in the General Chat area and say when you will be here, you may also get SSiWers in the Ogmore area interested in arranging to meet up with you. There is a group that meets in Bridgend on the 2nd Saturday of the month, 10:00, Aroma Coffee Shop, Dunraven Place, Bridgend. The contact person for that is wondersheep, Kevin.
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Postby Anitamary » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Diolch. I will try this.
Anitamary

Return to Cardiff (and the Vale of Glamorgan)