Welsh in a Week - Swansea | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Welsh in a Week - Swansea

Postby DavidHT » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:09 pm

This course gives you the opportunity to learn through 5 days intensive study with 3 follow-up Saturdays
over a 3 month period. All courses are held at Swansea University Campus and cost £40 / £25.

Mynediad 1 - Course start dates are 28/10/2013, 22/04/2014 and 28/04/2014.
Mynediad 2 - Course start date is 28/10/2013.

More information here:
http://www.swansea.ac.uk/media/WfA%20Brochure_Swansea_final%20draft.pdf
Attachments
Abertawe Welsh in a Week.jpg
Abertawe Welsh in a Week
Abertawe Welsh in a Week.jpg (90.33 KiB) Viewed 2435 times
David HT
I reached (southern) cwrs 2 gwers 18, and struggled. Went back to the beginning of course 2, by way of revision, and light relief! Currently revising gwers 9.
Please feel free to correct my Welsh, and if you can explain why that's even better!
Currently doing Mynediad 2 at evening classes.
DavidHT
SSiW Member

Re: Welsh in a Week - Swansea

Postby DavidHT » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:38 pm

Helo pawb, Swansea University have confirmed the dates of the three Saturdays which follow the week-long course:
17th May 2014
14th June 2014
12th July 2014.

Hope this is helpful.
David HT
I reached (southern) cwrs 2 gwers 18, and struggled. Went back to the beginning of course 2, by way of revision, and light relief! Currently revising gwers 9.
Please feel free to correct my Welsh, and if you can explain why that's even better!
DavidHT
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 pm

That's an unusually good idea, fair play to them - fits well with some of the latest stuff coming out in terms of what sort of intervals work best for long term memory.

It'd be really, really interesting to hear from any SSiWers who do this. We're going to be testing a two day intensive kick-start for new learners in the next month or so, and I'm really keen to test what we can do in a five day session. I'd also like to test four consecutive intensive weekends and see how that works out - and the idea of spaced follow up sessions (rather than just leaving it to the learners) is an excellent idea.
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby DavidHT » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:57 am

Aran wrote:That's an unusually good idea, fair play to them - fits well with some of the latest stuff coming out in terms of what sort of intervals work best for long term memory.

It'd be really, really interesting to hear from any SSiWers who do this. We're going to be testing a two day intensive kick-start for new learners in the next month or so, and I'm really keen to test what we can do in a five day session. I'd also like to test four consecutive intensive weekends and see how that works out - and the idea of spaced follow up sessions (rather than just leaving it to the learners) is an excellent idea.

You may well be able to count me in on both. Providing not too many of the Saturdays clash with some big plans hubby and I have for 2014, then I will be doing the Swansea five-day course in April 2014. I would also be interested in the four consecutive weekends idea too, although whether I am able to secure four Saturdays off in a row will be a battle for another day!
David HT
DavidHT
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:05 am

:) I'll definitely let you know when we get to the 5 day and/or 4 weekend testing stage - you're already far too advanced for the 2 day test, which is really for beginners, but I'll be keen to see how the longer sessions work for people who have already learnt a lot...:)
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby hectorgrey » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:20 pm

I did one of those at Pembrokeshire College (it was run by Swansea University, if memory serves). It was pretty decent, and helped my vocabulary quite a bit. Helped me with the nasal mutations too - I was having some trouble with those in the lessons at the time.
hectorgrey
SSiW Member

Return to South-West Wales