WRECSAM 'DI WREXHAM | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

For those 'Not sure where this should go' moments!

WRECSAM 'DI WREXHAM

Postby dinas » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:33 pm

I've just started to watch this series about the regrowth of the Welsh speaking community in Wrexham. It features language learners; and also the Saith Seren pub which I know Gruntius sometimes uses...The pub also runs as a Welsh centre. Really good documentary. :clap:

http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_level2.shtm ... =513767919
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

Re: WRECSAM 'DI WREXHAM

Postby chrome angel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:19 pm

i've been watching too, really enjoying, might have to give wrexham a visit!! that pub looks great too :D
skype at deb_critchley
finished course 3 and happy to chat :)
https://www.facebook.com/deb.critchley
chrome angel
SSiW Member

Postby Maynard » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:19 pm

its a good documentary I watched all the episodes in one go last night. Saith Seren is a great place, nice staff, good food etc. I have been to the Monday evening sesh and they are a very friendly bunch..

skype ..maynard.archer - croeso i siarad !
Maynard
SSiW Member

Postby Gruntius » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Maynard wrote: Saith Seren is a great place, nice staff, good food etc. I have been to the Monday evening sesh and they are a very friendly bunch..

Absolutely agree, unfortunately it is struggling at the moment and needs more custom to survive long term. I go on a Monday night whenever I'm not working nights and would love to see more people there so if you're in the area ...
Doing the Gog thingy.

"The_drummist" on Skype if you fancy a chat.

A little bit of my past life ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXEhh2dCQYg
Gruntius
SSiW Member

Postby dinas » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:37 pm

Gruntius wrote:
Maynard wrote: Saith Seren is a great place, nice staff, good food etc. I have been to the Monday evening sesh and they are a very friendly bunch..

Absolutely agree, unfortunately it is struggling at the moment and needs more custom to survive long term. I go on a Monday night whenever I'm not working nights and would love to see more people there so if you're in the area ...

I was saddened to hear their struggling, something that is happening with pubs everywhere. My own locals are dead: 60% have gone over the last few years...
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

Postby MikeEllwood » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:15 pm

dinas wrote:
Gruntius wrote:

I was saddened to hear their struggling, something that is happening with pubs everywhere. My own locals are dead: 60% have gone over the last few years...

Was shocked (but not altogether surprised) to see yet another town-centre pub in Abingdon closed the other day. Had not seen that particular one coming, but I know of two others whose days seem to be numbered.
Northern: Flirting with C3

O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau
MikeEllwood

Postby draiggoch123 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 am

Yma o hyd! :clap: Many thanks to Geraint and the other learners for all your help.

We're a determined bunch. The Saith Seren project has certainly been a big learning curve for all those involved but I think we're winning, just about! Really nice to see the supportive comments on here, means a lot, diolch pawb :D

Carrie
draiggoch123

Return to General Chat