***ERROR MESSAGES WHEN POSTING TO THE FORUM*** | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Si tienes unas preguntas, intentaremos ayudarte aquí...:-)

Postby Iestyn » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:55 am

We have been having a problem with error messages for a few days. When you post a message, you will receive the following error message saying that your post has not been succesful. It has!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_posting.php on line 1253: include_once(/includes/functions_messenger.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_posting.php on line 1253: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/functions_messenger.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')

We have a temporary work-around for you (thanks to Sumsmeister).

When you receive the error message, use the "back" button on your browser to return to the previous page (the page where you tried to submit your new post). Then click on any of the shortcuts at the top of the page, to "Board Index", "View new posts", etc.

The error is occuring because our Cloud Server provider have blocked older version of php, the basic language of the forum. We could overcome it by transferring over to a new version, but as we are about to launch our brand new "social layer" - which will be on the same page as our lessons - we are going to live with it for the next few days.

Sorry to everyone for the inconvenience - it is a bit of a nuisance, I know! - but everything will be awesome very soon. (Aaagh - I took the boys to see the Lego Movie weeks ago, and the are still singing "Everything is Awesome". It's obviously rubbed off on me - Sorry!)
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb

Postby Sionned » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Just FYI- we also don't seem to be getting e-mail notifications of new posts that we had before. Probably the same culprit. So just remember to log into the forum from time to time to see what is new!
Please do read the forum guidelines - they're very short!
And let me know where you live, and I'll put you on the map!
SSiW Angel

Return to Preguntas en castellano