The Esperanto translation | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Re: The Esperanto translation

Postby Kevin De Laet » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Dee wrote:
Aran wrote:@Dee - pah, slacker - I'm already in 2014 and making great headway - almost two new framework lessons completed today alone (and I'd have finished them if it hadn't been for those pesky power cuts!)...:wink:

Well, my new PC has been ordered and I'm raring to go. I shall brush off my Esperanto cobwebs and give the new framework a rigorous testing as soon as I can get my hands on it :wink: .... oh, did I happen to mention that I've been learning Turkish lately as a way of relaxing from my Uni work? :lol: It has this fascinating vowel harmony system that I've not come across before in a language, so it sort of hooked me in :roll: Ooh, and the Catalan Deli round the corner had a notice up just before Christmas offering Spanish conversation practice groups!! I'll get myself a good dose of Spanish while I'm getting organised for the move to Llandysul :dawnsio: I think 2014 is going to be the year I enter language heaven!

Wait, you go to a Catalan place to practice Spanish? That's like going to a Welsh pub to practice English :D
Kevin De Laet

Postby Kevin De Laet » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:00 pm

Aran wrote:
SeanOB wrote:Cxu ne estas novajxo pri tiu cxi kurso? :sad:

Not in the immediate future, I'm afraid - but we are starting work at the moment on putting everything that we've learnt in the last few years into building a new online system that will then make it possible for us to open the course building process up to volunteers - so it's not impossible that some material will be available for Esperanto before the end of this year...:)

Great! I can help with the Esperanto-version if you need it, i am fluent in it (used it professionally for several years). I've been working on some notes for courses and a dictionary in both Occitan and Walloon recently but am a bit lost in how to structure it and present it, maybe that could be something to adapt too. I know some people who would be very interested in creating such a course.
Kevin De Laet

Postby hewrop » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:45 pm

Dee wrote:
hewrop wrote:will send you software & Breeze instructions as soon as the dishes are washed (early February :harhar: )

Just put them outside for a couple of hours Huw, that should do it!

OMG! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Are you still waiting for me to send you stuff, Dee? If so, Sori, sori, sori! - I'm getting so forgetful. :cry:
You should have given me a nudge (by which I mean a kick up the arsenic).
Please e-mail or PM me or ignore this if you have sorted everything out yourself.

(Do I need to return Nia's swses? :wink: )
hewrop
The Magnificent Saith

Postby Aran » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Kevin De Laet wrote:Great! I can help with the Esperanto-version if you need it, i am fluent in it (used it professionally for several years).

That would be fantastic. Once we're robust enough to throw the doors open, we'll definitely be making a lot of noise about it...:D
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby Dee » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:10 pm

hewrop wrote:
Dee wrote:
hewrop wrote:will send you software & Breeze instructions as soon as the dishes are washed (early February :harhar: )

Just put them outside for a couple of hours Huw, that should do it!

OMG! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Are you still waiting for me to send you stuff, Dee? If so, Sori, sori, sori! - I'm getting so forgetful. :cry:
You should have given me a nudge (by which I mean a kick up the arsenic).
Please e-mail or PM me or ignore this if you have sorted everything out yourself.

(Do I need to return Nia's swses? :wink: )

Paid becso dim, Huw. The truth is I've been so busy trying to buy a house and changing my job that I've hardly had a moment to do anything apart from just about keep up with the weekly email. The sale should be going through quite quickly though I think, so I'm going to be busy packing and organising things in my 'free time' so I can't actually see me getting round to the Esperanto or anything else until I'm settled in Llandysul with a little more furniture than a mattress, a dining suite and a bookcase :lol:
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Postby hewrop » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Diolch Dee. That's a relief.
Dw i'n gobeithio bod popeth yn rhedeg yn "smwdd" gyda dy symud a newid swydd.
Give me a nudge or a kick up the ... when you're settled into the up-an-coming Welsh enclave of Llandysul. :smile:
Pob lwc.
Huw
hewrop
The Magnificent Saith

Previous

Return to Esperanto