New forum | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Where you can try and pick what few brains we have...

New forum

Postby dhlewis53 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:16 am

Could someone please explain how I get to the new form without having to keep going back to the newsletter last week and opening the link that Dee kindly included? I am finding the new forum a real challenge when I do eventually get on to it. Why did it need to change when the old one was superb!!????
Dai Lewis
Completed level 1and level 2 with SSIW, now practising and consolidating whenever I can. Always open to advice so don't be afraid to give it.
Dwi'n gallu siarad Cymraeg. Diolch o galon SSIW
dhlewis53

Re: New forum

Postby Iestyn » Thu May 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Shw mae, Dai?

Easy when you know how! Go to the www.SaySomethinginWelsh.com homepage, and click on "Ask" at the top. If you're logged in, that will take you to the forum.

As to why the change - basically, this forum is dying on it's feet, and needs more and more maintenance to keep it useable. The thought of opening a new one for the Spanish course (without thinking of any other languages) is just not thinkable!

Remember that the new forum is ours, and we can do what we like with it (time permitting), which means that if there are things that you find difficult, or that you can think of that would help your use of it, then just ask. Everything is going on a list at the moment so that we can build a far better forum than this one.

Of course, transition is always difficult, and we appreciate that some people will miss features of the old forum, but bear with us, and at least savour the fact that you don;t get an error message everytime you post to the new forum!
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

Re: New forum

Postby dhlewis53 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:42 am

Diolch Iestyn. Defnyddiol iawn.
Dai
Completed level 1and level 2 with SSIW, now practising and consolidating whenever I can. Always open to advice so don't be afraid to give it.
Dwi'n gallu siarad Cymraeg. Diolch o galon SSIW
dhlewis53

Return to Asking Questions