Please Help! | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Where you can try and pick what few brains we have...

Please Help!

Postby Interista » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:12 pm

I have to do a presentation on the World Cup to a group of eight-nine year old children next week in Cardiff. I want to give it a Welsh connection. Would most eight-year-olds know who Gary Medel is (he's a key Cardiff City player who will be at the World Cup with Chile).
Interista

Re: Please Help!

Postby Iestyn » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Shw mae, Interista?

You may have noticed that it's a bit of a graveyard here now. We've moved our forum to our main page, so that everything is under one roof. You can get there by going to www.SaySomethinginWelsh.com, logging in, and clicking on "Ask" at the top of the page.

I'm afraid I can't help that much, because although my 7 year-old likes football, he still asks if Madrid will be playing in the world cup, and how Argentina are there when they lost (at Rugby) to Wales last Autumn... I don't think that his level of non-knowledge is typical, though!

Go over to the main forum and ask there, though - you'll get far more sense!
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

Return to Asking Questions