Next steps - recording French | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Re: Next steps - recording French

Postby cake21 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Anavari wrote:I must have missed something before but I didn't get tip-top the original idea of this topic. Is it that your thinking about a "Say something in French"? Or there is? or something else?

They are creating a SaySomethingInWelsh for French-speakers, DitQuelquechoseEnGallois (or a grammatically correct version :wink: )
Dw i'n dysgu Cymraeg - all corrections welcomed!
cake21
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Yup - we got off to a flying start, but we stalled a bit because we weren't quite sure about the best way forward in terms of getting it into the software...

We've figured that out with Spanish, now, though, and the first two lessons of SSiW are currently available in Spanish (and being checked out by the course organisers for teaching Welsh in Patagonia!).

So if any of the other translators would like to pick up the thread and get going again, we've got a workable way forward now...:)
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby cake21 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:05 am

Aran wrote:We've figured that out with Spanish, now, though, and the first two lessons of SSiW are currently available in Spanish (and being checked out by the course organisers for teaching Welsh in Patagonia!).

This looks like a great way to revise Welsh and Spanish at the same time :D will the lessons available to download?
Dw i'n dysgu Cymraeg - all corrections welcomed!
cake21
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:40 pm

cake21 wrote:
Aran wrote:We've figured that out with Spanish, now, though, and the first two lessons of SSiW are currently available in Spanish (and being checked out by the course organisers for teaching Welsh in Patagonia!).

This looks like a great way to revise Welsh and Spanish at the same time :D will the lessons available to download?

Absolutely...:) Not sure exactly where yet, but I'll say on here when they go up...:)
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby my_cat_silky » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Noswaith dda, Aran!
Did I receive the impression that there are a couple of French/Welsh lessons out there? I would love to try them out if that is possible, as I speak French as well! Just curious to try a lesson through the medium of French, but please don't worry if they are not yet available! Diolch yn fawr - or should that be, merci beaucoup en avance! :D
my_cat_silky
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Alison! I'm afraid this is on the back-burner for now, although we will be revisiting it - we just learnt a lot about the process bottlenecks, and that we can't yet run multiple translations at the moment...:)
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby my_cat_silky » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Diolch yn fawr, Aran, dim problem, dw i'n deall! You're doing such a fantastic job with everything else at the moment - I read your story about your journey back into your Welsh heritage the other day and it was so moving and really inspiring! :smile:
my_cat_silky
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Thank you... :oops: :D
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby markwatkinprice » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:31 am

Lika Anaveri I am a bit confused. Is the idea a Say Something In French or learnimg Welsh from French? Count me in if it's. SSIF. Fabulous idea. And have you seen amd even worse,heard the world's only course in Slovak? Thr SSIW concept is brilliant and should be adapted to any language which has learners willing or unwilling. Keep up the good work!
markwatkinprice
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:06 am

Hi Mark,

This thread is specifically about our (not yet dead!) intention to make SaySomethinginWelsh available through the medium of French - a project we'll return to with a bit more vigour when we've got Course 1 available through the medium of Spanish...:)

However, we do also have the very first baby steps of a course to teach French happening - Kinetic is working on the translation, and may well have an ask around on here for volunteers to record at some point...:)
Aran
SSi CEO

PreviousNext

Return to French