Help with SSiW Eisteddfod needed | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Help with SSiW Eisteddfod needed

Postby Dee » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:06 am

We've been holding the SSiW Eisteddfod for 3 years now and every year it's been a delight to see the range of entries and the work that people put into their submissions. It's now time to start organising this year's eisteddfod, but I'm not able to continue in the role of 'Archderwydd', the main organising person, this year so we need someone fresh to step forward and take it on.

Dafydd is still willing to be the Submissions Officer, and he does a great job of receiving all the entries and getting them posted in the right categories, organising the voting etc, but the role of the Archderwydd is to make sure that everything gets organised, including decisions made on what categories should be included, what the pieces should be for the singing and recitation etc. It doesn't mean that you have to make those decisions yourself as others can form the 'gorsedd' and discuss, make suggestions etc, but you just need to make sure those things get done.

I have lots of information from the previous couple of years, and I'm happy to stay on the 'gorsedd' and help when I can, but I have a heavy workload between now and the end of the year, so I can't do more than that.

Could everyone, especially those that have participated in the eisteddfod and are looking forward to this year's, have a think about it and please volunteer! It's a really worthwhile thing to do as it gives people an opportunity to participate in this little piece of Welsh culture no matter where they are in the world.

Diolch,
Dee
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Return to SSiW Eisteddfod