Eisteddfod Donations | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Eisteddfod Donations

Postby Dee » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:59 am

If you'd like to contribute to the cost of a winner's T-shirt, or just contribute to the SSiW Eisteddfod in general, you can now do so at:

www.SaySomethinginWelsh.com/donate

Diolch yn fawr iawn in advance to everyone kind enough to do so .... :D
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Re: Eisteddfod Donations

Postby hewrop » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:21 pm

Dee wrote:If you'd like to contribute to the cost of a winner's T-shirt, or just contribute to the SSiW Eisteddfod in general, you can now do so at:

http://www.SaySomethinginWelsh.com/donate

Diolch yn fawr iawn in advance to everyone kind enough to do so .... :D

If it doesn't put you to any extra work, Dee, would it be possible to give an idea of what buys what?
e.g. £15.75 buys a winner's Tee Shirt; £3.95 buys a mug; £2785 buys a hand-carved oak Cadair.
hewrop
The Magnificent Saith

Re: Eisteddfod Donations

Postby Dee » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Basically £15 buys one of the winners t-shirts and we have 11 categories. Sometimes we don't get entries in the odd category and sometimes we get 1 person who wins more than one category, so I can't say that we need 11 t-shirts.

Aran handles the ordering of the t-shirts so works out the postage etc as well, as they have to be sent out to the various winners.

Last year we had a great number of sponsors, but it's been a bit slower this year, maybe due to the economic situation, but I know Gary has been busy contacting some from last year so it may all work out. If not, we may have to look at what we have and perhaps purchase the odd prize.

Perhaps if Aran could keep an eye on how much is donated and call a halt when we get to £150, then we can reassess the situation and see if that will do it.

Does that make it a bit clearer for everyone? Sorry I can't be more exact than that ... though if there were a beautiful hand-carved cadair for one category, I presume you would be entering that one, Huw? :wink:
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Return to SSiW Eisteddfod