SSiw Eisteddfod Winners 2013 | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Re: SSiw Eisteddfod Winners 2013

Postby sumsmeister » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:51 am

Mark, THIS isn't a forum specifically for poetry, but as you can see, there's no reason not to start a poetry thread... :star:
Nice idea, but I think it wouldn't be the place to publish next years entry for the Eisteddfod.. :shock:

PS In addition, THIS thread may give you an idea...
Cymru am byth!
Please the Forum Guidelines
sumsmeister
SSiW Angel

Postby Gorwelgwynedd » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Thank you very much for organising the Eisteddfod again. I might be a bit braver next year and enter one of the other categories .......!
Carys
Gorwelgwynedd
SSiW Member

Postby sumsmeister » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Gorwelgwynedd wrote:Thank you very much for organising the Eisteddfod again. I might be a bit braver next year and enter one of the other categories .......!
Carys

:seren: On behalf of the Gorsedd, it was a pleasure and I'm sure that it has become a fixture.
Gorwelgwynedd wrote:I might be a bit braver next year and enter one of the other categories .......!
Carys

I think more people had the same idea this year... and I'd like to encourage anyone considering it to have a go - you will get a lot from it and provide lots of others with a lot of pleasure as well. :clap:
Cymru am byth!
sumsmeister
SSiW Angel

Postby Joanie » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:24 pm

There was no fun 2013 Eisteddfod Winner signature badge this year :(
Joanie
SSiW Member

Postby Sionned » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Ahh - you're right! We'll have to see what we can do about that. :D (I think some of the "powers" have been extra busy on other things and, well, it got forgot. But that's probably temporary!)
Please do read the forum guidelines - they're very short!
And let me know where you live, and I'll put you on the map!
Sionned
SSiW Angel

Postby sumsmeister » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:33 pm

The "powers" have been duly stirred and that means something will happen. If there is anything else that hasn't happened that you feel should have, please post it! :D
Cymru am byth!
sumsmeister
SSiW Angel

Postby mlevans » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Is this going to be done this year? Just curious.
mlevans

Postby sumsmeister » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:43 am

Some of the Gorsedd have already had "prep" conversations (end of last week) to discuss who will be doing what and when. The good news is that it is a firm fixture in the calendar and will be occurring in the customary manner and time of the year. :D
The chances are that the only changes will be the songs and poems for the "set" categories, (pretty obviously :lol: ) but the categories themselves will be the same. Some creative people are "arting" all year round and simply choose something to enter, whereas others will create something especially for the event.
So go ahead and get creative!
Cymru am byth!
sumsmeister
SSiW Angel

Postby Sionned » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:34 pm

We may have slightly different procedures this year, as we hope we will be completely changed over to the new "social layer" on the main lesson site, which works a bit differently than this. But I'm sure we'll find a good way of handling it that will make it easy for everyone to join in!
Please do read the forum guidelines - they're very short!
And let me know where you live, and I'll put you on the map!
Sionned
SSiW Angel

Postby Dee » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Sionned wrote:We may have slightly different procedures this year, as we hope we will be completely changed over to the new "social layer" on the main lesson site, which works a bit differently than this. But I'm sure we'll find a good way of handling it that will make it easy for everyone to join in!

Yes, that's true. We'll have to work on the categories and topics etc as usual, but the actual logistics of posting the entries on the forum we'll have to play by ear as the new social layer comes up.

If anyone has any suggestions for the poetry, recitation, singing etc though, please feel free to PM either Sumsmeister or me and we'll definitely include them in the 'Gorsedd' discussions to come up with the topics for this year's Eisteddfod.
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Previous

Return to SSiW Eisteddfod