September Bootcamp - Pwy sy'n dod? | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Re: September Bootcamp - Pwy sy'n dod?

Postby dinas » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Im on my phone so a short post. I wasn't snoozing by the way! Every one's been great and all enjoying themselves.
I'll do a full post Sunday as the crew, Phil and Ianto have entered the pub.
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

Postby Tahl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:04 pm

dinas wrote:I'll do a full post Sunday as the crew, Phil and Ianto have entered the pub.

For those who don't know, that would be Phil and Ianto as in Dewi Pws's song Os ("If").
You can listen to it and see my transcription/translation of the lyrics here.

Gwarthus. (Disgraceful.) :cool:

P.S.: If you don't have a copy of Dewi Pws's CD Pws Mewn Pyb, which doesn't have this song on it but is nonetheless awesome, run go get one, and sing along loudly, all the time. :D Get his other stuff, too. Os is on the CD Geirie yn y Niwl (with that spelling).
Currently working on: SSIW Course 3, Lesson 21 (Southern);
SSIS Course 1, Lesson 19; SSIS MFSA Tourist Spanish, Lesson 10.
Tahl
SSiW Angel

Postby MikeEllwood » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Tahl wrote:
MikeEllwood wrote:Don't stop there. We need the gossip! :-)

AFTER Bootcamp is over :D . . . since even coming on the forum involves reading English, and no fooling, that's detrimental when you are trying to keep your head in Welsh. That may sound extreme, but it really was true for me.

Ddigon teg! :-) (gyda "diolch" i Gwgyl cyfieithu :-) )
Northern: Flirting with C3

O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau
MikeEllwood

Postby Nainy Clare » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Just got back. WOW! Roedd pobl yn hyfryd. Wnes i siariad fy mhen yn Cymraeg mewn car achos dwi'n still at bootcamp! Can't help myself Cymraeg just keeps on slipping into my speaking. Gret!
Nainy Clare
SSiW Member

Postby toulouse2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Nainy Clare wrote: Can't help myself Cymraeg just keeps on slipping into my speaking. Gret!

Ve hefyd. :smile: Glad you got home safely. Lovely amser at bootcamp, but soooooo tired now! Will write more vory. (Will miss the bootcamp nofio clwb tomorrow am! :sad: ) Ros
toulouse2
SSiW Member

Postby ambleskram » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Fi Hefyd! Wedi blino iawn!

Mae gen i fotos!

https://www.facebook.com/amble.skuse/me ... 191&type=1

Ax :cariad:
ambleskram
SSiW Member

Postby ambleskram » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:17 pm

I've tried to look up all the email addresses on FB, if you didn't get a request from me, I couldn't find you .... please use the photos link to find my profile and say hello.
x
ambleskram
SSiW Member

Postby RamblingJohn » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Well i just don't know how to thank Iestyn, cat and family, plus all those present enough for what must rate as good a week as anyone could have.
Thank's for putting up with my antics, it's hard to contain excitement!
Yes i stumbled, mumbled, forgot words, tenses uncertain but did any of it matter, nah not really, boy we got through a lot of welsh and it was fun with a capital F from start to finish, now it's back to the lessons and dream about next year (maybe the triciosaurus will appear then).

I better add a photo to demonstrate the team hard at work.
Tresaith 007.JPG
Tresaith 007.JPG (85.82 KiB) Viewed 2821 times

Cheers J.P. (more tomorrow).
Northern cwrs 2, vocabs. dipping tentative toe in cwrs3.
The todo list grows ever longer.
In the beginning there was no history, let's try and add something useful.
RamblingJohn
SSiW Member

Postby RamblingJohn » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 am

The advance forecast for boot camp had looked rather good and it was right, the opportunity to sit out side in comfort was much enjoyed through out the week, this photo is at Newcastle emlyn.
Tresaith 008.JPG
Tresaith 008.JPG (111.29 KiB) Viewed 2807 times

Cheers J.P.
Northern cwrs 2, vocabs. dipping tentative toe in cwrs3.
The todo list grows ever longer.
In the beginning there was no history, let's try and add something useful.
RamblingJohn
SSiW Member

Postby dinas » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:10 am

Thanks, Iestyn, Cat, Emrys, Ioan, Gwenllian, Elliw; Amble, Helen, Ros, Clare, John, Jason, Hwyl, Tom, Nick, Dafad, Mark for making it a great week. Thanks also to, the crew in , Y Llong: Phil, Steve, Ianto, Hywel,Keith, Dewi and Rhiannon for their hospitality and a lot of belly laughs...

Well, I had no idea I'd be going till the afternoon before, Bootcamp, when I fired of an e-mail to Iestyn asking if it was o.k to go: Happily it was and Saturday I made the 315 miles trip to Tresaith where the gods shined on us with spectacular weather throughout the week....Saturday saw the general introduction by, Cat and Iestyn explaining the week and giving everyone an overview of the week and about the no English rule before we all did the switch over to welsh by mime....After supper heading to the Llong, where Steve, a great raconteur, was holding court with the tourists as usual.

Sunday saw us making sand pictures on the beach before heading to, Caffi Emlyn, for a nice Sunday lunch; after taking a leisurely walk back to the, Canolfan, to relax as we pleased before supper and the pub for most of us after eating. Where it was nice to see some SSIWers interacting with the locals who seem to enjoy, Bootcamp as much as me. Throughout the week, the local crew commenting on the good standard of everyones welsh.
Bootcamps are enjoyed as much by the locals who really love meeting everyone. They were amazed at the standards of everyones welsh. Astounded!

Whoops! I've forgotten the exact order of the week but each day saw us going out to various places in the area: LlandySul where we headed to café to have coffee and meet a local councillor, Peter. After heading out on a challenge to find out things about people and the town. Lunch seeing us eating a Chinese meal in the Dan I Sang restaurant. Iestyn was right the food really was top notch.

Another day saw us exploring Castell Newydd Emlyn to meet people on another challenge; picnicking amongst the ruins of the castle. Yet another going to the Wool Museum in Felin Dre or having an excellent guided visit by Rhiannon around the wall of Castell Aberteifi.

Thursday saw us all performing our prepared pieces for a Noson Hwyl: songs,humour and great recitations by, Ioan and Emrys which was huge fun.

Friday saw us joining another group of learners in theatre Mwldan to chat and have a "panad" followed by lunch in Y Llew Ddu. Later going to the scenic beauty which is Mwnt. Hyfryd! Our final night spent happily sitting and chatting on the pubs terrace. Happy days!!!

One final thing which blew me away: Dewi "Pws" came upto me at the bar and gave me a copy of his book, Staeon Tafarn, thanking me for learning welsh...I had a quick look to see if he had signed it; he hadn't.
Then Dewi said" I'll get a pen and sign it for you." To which I responded: "God no! I won't be able to sell it on E-Bay tomorrow if you do." How the crew laughed. :lol:
Last edited by dinas on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

PreviousNext

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!