September Bootcamp - Pwy sy'n dod? | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Re: September Bootcamp - Pwy sy'n dod?

Postby Aneurin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:35 pm

I will also miss the bore nofio Ros. We never did work out if Howell really was swimming to Cork Harbour every morning! I went on to the Elvis festival at Porth cawl - odd iawn; seeing a line of Elvises queuing for the toilet. Anyway, my version of "A hunk a hunk of burning love" was so convincing that I was awarded the prestigious "Best Female Welsh Elvis" prize.
Anyway, massive thanks to Iestyn and Cat, who have the patience of Saints and to all the bwtcampers who made it a great week.
Nick
Aneurin
SSiW Member

Postby toulouse2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:22 am

Aneurin wrote:I will also miss the bore nofio Ros.

I have to confess that I snuck back to Tresaith gyda plant on sunday for another swim (nice iawn!) :D

Glad you had a fab time at the Elvis festival; your family must be so proud :
Aneurin wrote: I was awarded the prestigious "Best Female Welsh Elvis" prize.
:lol:
Hope to see everyone next year, Ros
toulouse2
SSiW Member

Postby dinas » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Chatting with, Iestyn, during camp he mentioned that he'd heard , Dewi Pws , say that when he hear's people say: "I understand welsh but, I don't speak it..."
He replies with: "Yes, I had a dog like that once!"
:lol:
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

Postby Heledd ap » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Helo bawb - pawb yn iawn a wedi dal lan gyda cwsg ers gadael Tresaith gobeithio. Braf iawn oedd cael eich cwrdd a chael clywed chi gyd yn siarad Cymraeg llond eich pennau :D
Mae'r ganolfan bellach yn barod am barti iâr o Gaerdydd y penwythnos hwn, ni wedi dod ar draws 3 tywel: 2 tywel llaw, un gwyn ac un pincish, ac un tywel cawod mawr pincish.
Os oes rhywun yn gweld eu heisiau yn fawr rhowch wybod er mwyn trefnu eu casglu - fel arall, fe wnaf i eu rhoi yn y bocs llawn tywelion sbâr!! Gobeithio eich gweld eto'n fuan!
Tro'r Trai - Llety ar lan môr Tresaith a Dinbych y Prysgod
Heledd ap

Postby RobertBruce » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Heledd ap wrote:pincish

Tywelion boi sengl, siŵr o fod. 'Di cael eu golchi gormod o weithie gyda sdwff coch ar dymheredd anghywir! :wink: :lol:

KIM! :lol:
No one ever drowned by getting out of their depth in a Welsh conversation.

Please DO read the forum guidelines. And how about putting up a poster or two in your locality?
RobertBruce
SSiW Angel

Previous

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!