Bootcamps 2014? | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Re: Bootcamps 2014?

Postby essenbee » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:51 am

DavidHT wrote:A solid year studying Welsh sounds wonderful to me. My company is slowly introducing a sabbatical scheme, where you can take six months off, unpaid, to pursue whatever you would like to pursue.

My plans will need to fit in around work and especially family. This is why the structure will be important for me to get the most out of them. I am think more along the lines of increased learning and speaking opportunities, with funds set aside to pay for them.

Stu
Ar hyn o bryd, dw i'n astudio: Cwrs 3 Gwers 20 (fersiwn y Gogledd)
Yn ddiweddar, dw i wedi bod yn gwrando ar Meinir Gwilym
Beth ydw i'n darllen? Alecs Rider 1: Tarandon
Fel 'na ma' i a fel 'na fydd hi
essenbee
SSiW Member

Postby DavidHT » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Aran wrote:Six months would be way more than enough to turn you into a completely naturally fluent Welsh speaker, if you went about it the right way. Again, if you decide to do this, give me a shout, and I'm sure we could help work something out...:)

Wow great, I will keep that in mind, many thanks!

I've had the idea in my head for a number of years that I would save up some money, take 6-9 months off, and spend the time doing a couple more A Levels, ostensibly in something business-related, so that I can win approval from my company, but also fill my time with a couple of leisure-related studies as well, and Welsh slots nicely into that category.
David HT
I reached (southern) cwrs 2 gwers 18, and struggled. Went back to the beginning of course 2, by way of revision, and light relief! Currently revising gwers 9.
Please feel free to correct my Welsh, and if you can explain why that's even better!
Currently doing Mynediad 2 at evening classes.
DavidHT
SSiW Member

Postby Janjo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Unrhyw cynlluniau am Tresaith 2014 eto? Hoffwni gwybod :D
Diolch, Cofion cynnes.
jan
Janjo
SSiW Member

Postby Iestyn » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Shw mae, Jan?

Wele:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10393

I just posted it today, by coincidence.
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

Previous

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!