Bootcamps 2014? | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Re: Bootcamps 2014?

Postby Sionned » Wed May 22, 2013 2:23 am

Bacsie wrote:
Aran wrote:I'm kind of playing with some ideas about that. I want to call it 'Suffer with Aran'.

Aranguish.

Image - What a perfect word!! :D
Please do read the forum guidelines - they're very short!
And let me know where you live, and I'll put you on the map!
Sionned
SSiW Angel

Postby lambiek » Wed May 22, 2013 7:18 am

Sionned wrote:
Bacsie wrote:
Aran wrote:I'm kind of playing with some ideas about that. I want to call it 'Suffer with Aran'.

Aranguish.

Image - What a perfect word!! :D

Haranguish? :smile:
Mae syniadau gwyrddion di-liw yn cysgu'n wyllt
lambiek
SSiW Member

Postby debw12 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Gruntius wrote:
Aran wrote:
TygerC wrote:How about Bootcamp v2 to us old timers who don't get enough torture and suffering on a regular bootcamp? :harhar:

I'm kind of playing with some ideas about that. I want to call it 'Suffer with Aran'.

more suffering = more learning ... I'm in. :twisted:

Fi hefyd. :cool:
One step at a time. Please do correct me.
I am albionscloth on Skype
debw12
SSiW Member

Postby DavidHT » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:45 pm

LOL, what about us southerners? ;)
David HT
I reached (southern) cwrs 2 gwers 18, and struggled. Went back to the beginning of course 2, by way of revision, and light relief! Currently revising gwers 9.
Please feel free to correct my Welsh, and if you can explain why that's even better!
Currently doing Mynediad 2 at evening classes.
DavidHT
SSiW Member

Postby essenbee » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:16 pm

I hope that there will be a chance for first time bootcampers to attend in 2014; I am very keen to get to one next year! I am planning to set aside funds towards the end of this year to finance a whole year of concentrated Welsh study, with SSiW bootcamp as the centrepiece.

Stu
Ar hyn o bryd, dw i'n astudio: Cwrs 3 Gwers 20 (fersiwn y Gogledd)
Yn ddiweddar, dw i wedi bod yn gwrando ar Meinir Gwilym
Beth ydw i'n darllen? Alecs Rider 1: Tarandon
Fel 'na ma' i a fel 'na fydd hi
essenbee
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:59 pm

essenbee wrote:I am planning to set aside funds towards the end of this year to finance a whole year of concentrated Welsh study

That sounds really interesting, Stu - if you'd like to have a chat some time about how you're planning on going about the learning structure, just give me a shout...:)
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby lilitiger2 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm sure hopingto do a Bootcamp in 2014 (and then travel)
I may even be speaking with a HUMAN by then!! :mrgreen:
lilitiger2
SSiW Member

Postby essenbee » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:15 am

Aran wrote:That sounds really interesting, Stu - if you'd like to have a chat some time about how you're planning on going about the learning structure, just give me a shout...:)

Thanks Aran, that would be really useful, as aside from bootcamp I have no real idea what I mean by the "concentrated year". Its just a desire currently, so applying a sensible plan and some structure would be incredibly useful for me.

Stu
Ar hyn o bryd, dw i'n astudio: Cwrs 3 Gwers 20 (fersiwn y Gogledd)
Yn ddiweddar, dw i wedi bod yn gwrando ar Meinir Gwilym
Beth ydw i'n darllen? Alecs Rider 1: Tarandon
Fel 'na ma' i a fel 'na fydd hi
essenbee
SSiW Member

Postby DavidHT » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:27 am

essenbee wrote:
Aran wrote:That sounds really interesting, Stu - if you'd like to have a chat some time about how you're planning on going about the learning structure, just give me a shout...:)

Thanks Aran, that would be really useful, as aside from bootcamp I have no real idea what I mean by the "concentrated year". Its just a desire currently, so applying a sensible plan and some structure would be incredibly useful for me.

A solid year studying Welsh sounds wonderful to me. My company is slowly introducing a sabbatical scheme, where you can take six months off, unpaid, to pursue whatever you would like to pursue. Sadly this doesn't tie in with the length of an academic year and I am trying to have this changed. But if I do manage to get an academic year off, then I plan to take on a load of study, Welsh included, and mentally refurbish myself.
David HT
I reached (southern) cwrs 2 gwers 18, and struggled. Went back to the beginning of course 2, by way of revision, and light relief! Currently revising gwers 9.
Please feel free to correct my Welsh, and if you can explain why that's even better!
Currently doing Mynediad 2 at evening classes.
DavidHT
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:41 am

essenbee wrote:so applying a sensible plan and some structure would be incredibly useful for me.

When you feel the time is right, drop me a line, and we can play around with a few different suggestions...:)

David wrote:My company is slowly introducing a sabbatical scheme, where you can take six months off, unpaid, to pursue whatever you would like to pursue.

Six months would be way more than enough to turn you into a completely naturally fluent Welsh speaker, if you went about it the right way. Again, if you decide to do this, give me a shout, and I'm sure we could help work something out...:)
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

PreviousNext

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!