2013 Tresaith Bootcamps - 2 places left this year! | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Re: 2013 Tresaith Bootcamps - 4 places left this year!

Postby Iestyn » Sat May 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Yep - just checked for it and answered it.

Iestyn
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

Re: 2013 Tresaith Bootcamps - 2 places left this year!

Postby AmyJ » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:59 pm

So I'm a wee bit lost in the bootcamp forums - are there any places left in September?

EDIT: nevermind, I found what I was looking for :-)
"The sky is cold and the floor water is too hard to drink, but I have my handcoats and the spacelight is warm. Listen - the flappy planes are beeping in the stick towers."
"Those are all the wrong words for those things."
"Maybe. But the things themselves are alright, so who cares?"

-xkcd
AmyJ
SSiW Member

Postby Tahl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:08 pm

AmyJ wrote:So I'm a wee bit lost in the bootcamp forums - are there any places left in September?

Amy, the place to look is the very first post of the thread that we're in right now; Aran and Iestyn keep it updated. It's here. Unfortunately, it looks like there are no spots left in September (though you could go on the waiting list)...but a spot has re-opened-up in July, and one is still available for this coming weekend. :shock: Hope July will work for you!

EDIT: Just saw your 'never mind' -- so never mind! :D
Currently working on: SSIW Course 3, Lesson 21 (Southern);
SSIS Course 1, Lesson 19; SSIS MFSA Tourist Spanish, Lesson 10.
Tahl
SSiW Angel

Postby pollypolly » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:53 pm

I have added myself to the waiting list in September, subject to getting time off work should a space appear. There are a few folk on waiting lists now, any chance of an October bootcamp? Anybody else in favour of that?
pollypolly
SSiW Member

Postby AmyJ » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:59 am

pollypolly wrote:I have added myself to the waiting list in September, subject to getting time off work should a space appear. There are a few folk on waiting lists now, any chance of an October bootcamp? Anybody else in favour of that?

Oh, if only. That would be perffaith!! But a lot of extra work, I'm sure :)
"The sky is cold and the floor water is too hard to drink, but I have my handcoats and the spacelight is warm. Listen - the flappy planes are beeping in the stick towers."

-xkcd
AmyJ
SSiW Member

Postby Aneurin » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Iestyn,
I booked a place on the September Bwtcamp quite a while ago but I don't seem to have any confirmation so I wonder if you could confirm if my name (Nick Gilbert) is on the list please?
I wouldn't want to arrive in Tresaith only to be asked, "What are you doing here?" perhaps followed after a brief pause by, "Why aren't you wearing any clothes?" and then, "Wouldn't it have been easier to drive rather than coming by Camel?" and then a cascade of subsidiary questions: "What's his name?" "Why are his eyes so close together?", "Why are your eyes so close together?" Do you really expect me to put Sean in a bunk as well?" "Will he be alright on a top bunk?" and so on.
Diolch
Nic(k)
Aneurin
SSiW Member

Postby Tahl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Aneurin wrote:I wouldn't want to arrive in Tresaith only to be asked, "What are you doing here?" perhaps followed after a brief pause by, "Why aren't you wearing any clothes?" and then, "Wouldn't it have been easier to drive rather than coming by Camel?" and then a cascade of subsidiary questions: "What's his name?" "Why are his eyes so close together?", "Why are your eyes so close together?" Do you really expect me to put Sean in a bunk as well?" "Will he be alright on a top bunk?" and so on.

Best get going on mastering the necessary vocab for all those, though, since I for one would be asking. :wink:
Currently working on: SSIW Course 3, Lesson 21 (Southern);
SSIS Course 1, Lesson 19; SSIS MFSA Tourist Spanish, Lesson 10.
Tahl
SSiW Angel

Postby Aran » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Nick, you're definitely booked in, so no worries on that score - I think Iestyn usually sends a 'details' email out about a week or so before the Bootcamp, which may well have some new rules in it about camels...:wink:

Amy, as far as I can see, there is a single space left for September - if you have any problems booking it, let me know...:)
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby AmyJ » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:41 am

Aran wrote:Amy, as far as I can see, there is a single space left for September - if you have any problems booking it, let me know...:)

Alas, everything for our trip is already booked and I just can't think of a way to be in Italy and Wales at the same time. WYNEB TRIST :cry:

-xkcd
AmyJ
SSiW Member

Previous

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!