Bootcamps of the future - an announcement! | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Re: Bootcamps of the future - an announcement!

Postby Tahl » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:39 am

Gaby wrote:
Tahl wrote: All but one Bootcamp until now has been held in Llandysul

I think you meant Tresaith :wink:

Gaaah. Of course! :oops: :oops:
Currently working on: SSIW Course 3, Lesson 21 (Southern);
SSIS Course 1, Lesson 19; SSIS MFSA Tourist Spanish, Lesson 10.
Tahl
SSiW Angel

Postby gillkinson2004 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:43 am

There doesn't seem to have been a Bootcampt for a long time, is it likely there will be any more? :dafad:
gillkinson2004

Postby Gruntius » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:05 pm

There has been a bootcamp during the last week of every month through the summer, and there's one at the end of September too (all in Tresaith) ran by Iestyn and Cat. There was also one in the North at the end of April ran by Aran and Catrin.
Doing the Gog thingy.

"The_drummist" on Skype if you fancy a chat.

A little bit of my past life ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXEhh2dCQYg
Gruntius
SSiW Member

Postby Sionned » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:13 pm

After the one later this month, there will be no more until next Spring.
Please do read the forum guidelines - they're very short!
And let me know where you live, and I'll put you on the map!
Sionned
SSiW Angel

Postby JoanAlciati » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:25 am

I would like to go to Bootcamp up north in 2014. Any idea when the dates will be published? I have to ask footprint time off work well in advance. So looking forward to going to Wales and trying to finally use what I've been learning!
Feel free to correct my Welsh. Diolch yn fawr iawn!
JoanAlciati

Postby Aran » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:01 am

JoanAlciati wrote:I would like to go to Bootcamp up north in 2014. Any idea when the dates will be published?

It's really just a lack of focus because of having too many other things going on that I have to be thinking about - but there's no good reason why we shouldn't figure out the dates for the first northern Bootcamp (we might be doing two next year, depending on how Catrin feels, but the second one is likely to be much later in the year).

I'll put this on my 'to do' list for next week, and make an announcement before the end of next week...:)
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby owdsb02 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:23 am

Thank you Aran

I do appreceate you immense amount of word you and Cat and all the others doing with this brilliant course.
I am "running" through course 2 atm and planing to join northern bootcamp (still saving money for :wink: ).

So hope to get on the list as soon as possible and not missing it before the sold-out-point :wink:
*** please feel free to correct me at any time ***
(cwrs 2 - gwers 21 - repeating )
owdsb02
SSiW Member

Postby DavidHT » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:34 am

Aran wrote:It's really just a lack of focus because of having too many other things going on that I have to be thinking about - but there's no good reason why we shouldn't figure out the dates for the first northern Bootcamp (we might be doing two next year, depending on how Catrin feels, but the second one is likely to be much later in the year). I'll put this on my 'to do' list for next week, and make an announcement before the end of next week...:)

That's great news! Do you know when comparable announcements might be made about more southerly bootcamps?
David HT
I reached (southern) cwrs 2 gwers 18, and struggled. Went back to the beginning of course 2, by way of revision, and light relief! Currently revising gwers 9.
Please feel free to correct my Welsh, and if you can explain why that's even better!
Currently doing Mynediad 2 at evening classes.
DavidHT
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:32 pm

DavidHT wrote:Do you know when comparable announcements might be made about more southerly bootcamps?

Nope, ain't got the foggiest...:) I know that Iestyn is pretty flat out getting ready for the next Bootcamp - so I'd imagine he'll need a bit of time to think everything through once he's survived that...:)

We'll learn from the lessons of last year and make sure that we have a well publicised 'bookings opens' date, so that no-one will miss it just because they weren't on the forum for a while...:)
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby Iestyn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:05 pm

We'll be announcing dates for next year once we've finalised arrangements with Menter iaith Gorllewin Sir Gar, who will be arranging our activities during the day (due to children and working wife making a full-time stay in Tresaith impossible for me next year).

So, we'll get next weeks Bootcamp safely out of the way first, then give us a few weeks and we'll see what comes of our discussions...

It'll be great to see you there, David.
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

PreviousNext

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!