****5 Tresaith Bootcamp dates for 2013**** | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Re: ****5 Tresaith Bootcamp dates for 2013****

Postby sjs » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Noswaith da, Cat/Dee/Aran/ Pob....I have premises and organisation to assist in the running of a bootcamp on a mid-Wales site if required, very much 'in the wild' (mae'n ddrwg fy'n hi, dim ysgrifennu Cymraeg da iawn). Ring me on 01132 491228 - you will have my e-bost - Cofion Stuart Stanton
sjs

Postby Aran » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:57 am

Stuart, that's a very kind offer, thank you very much. At the moment, we don't have any plans to add more Bootcamps - it's more about available Bootcamp leaders than locations - but if we do, we will definitely remember you, because I'm sure a mid-Wales alternative would be very welcome...:)

Meanwhile, bookings for 2013 are now open:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8411
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby GreenEyes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 am

I've just booked for the July 27 - Aug 3 bootcamp! :D It'll be my first time in Wales in over 10 years. And my first ever bootcamp - looking forward to it!
GreenEyes
SSiW Member

Postby sjs » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Noswaith da, the offer is open-ended, location is one or other of the former YHA premises between Tregaron and Abergwesyn-------how 'wild' is that!------both now under management by an independent Trust. 3/4 days duration would be preferred given the location and other obligations of the Trust. May work for people at a slightly lower fluency level than the existing camps? By the way, has anyone read "Wild Wales'? I am finding this George Borrow classic to be the most useful "Dosbarth Cymraeg' I have come across. Rhoi'r trio iawn. Sjs
sjs

Postby dinas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:07 pm

cat wrote:We can announce the following as definite dates for Tresaith Bootcamps in 2013, to be run by Iestyn, Cat & family: :clap:

April 27th – May 4th 2013

June 22nd – 29th 2013

July 27th – August 3rd 2013 (this is the week prior to the Eisteddfod)

September 21st – 28th 2013

Feel free to show your interest in this thread, and ask questions.

BOOKING NOW OPEN: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8411

The price will be £250 per person, with a minimum of 6 and maximum of 10 attendees.

Essential Bootcamp info for you to devour before you make your decision to come!
We won't be accepting anyone on Bootcamp who hasn't finished the SSiW introductory course, AND added vocab units. This will ensure a higher all-round standard, and a better experience for everyone. Even if people have done other courses, we'll still expect them to do SSiW introductory + vocab - advanced learners will fly through it, and it will help get everyone on the same page...

ALL you need to know about Bootcamp here...
http://www.saysomethinginwelsh.com/home/ssiw-bootcamp-welsh-in-the-wild

There is also the possibility of running a family Bootcamp from Bank Holiday Monday May 27th – Sun June 2nd 2013 (Half term), but logistics are proving hard to organise. It would be good to know how much interest there is in running such a bootcamp, and the age range of children who would attend. The same "Welsh only" rule will apply on the family bootcamp, and accepting that there will be an occasional lapse into English from the children, they must be able to spend a week with their parents only talking Welsh to them, and be happy in that environment.

I love running bootcamps and can’t wait to welcome old friends and new to Tresaith again!
I'm looking forward to much :dawnsio: , :lol: and :party: , and maybe a little :shock: but no :ing:!

Just bumping!
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

Postby kempton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Hello,
My cousin and I would love to attend one of your bootcamps. Unfortunately, as my cousin is a teacher, he is limited to the school holidays, and we cannot make the camp at the end of July.
Is there any chance of another camp being held at Easter or over the summer?
Diolch
Kempton
kempton

Postby Catrin Lliar » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi Kempton!

If you follow the link I've provided below you will find all the dates for 2013 Bootcamps and the booking pages for each one, it will also say how many places left on each one! :D

Hope this helps you.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8411
Northern course female voice. Raised in Pen Llŷn, fled when 18. Spent my 20s discovering the wider world. A qualified teacher (English & art), worked in marketing with small local businesses - gave it all up to become a Mam! A creative soul who inherited my family's artistic gene, love drawing, being behind the lens of a camera and being creative with food. Movies, red wine, dark chocolate help me relax. Always here to help!
Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

Postby cat » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:59 pm

kempton wrote:Hello,
My cousin and I would love to attend one of your bootcamps. Unfortunately, as my cousin is a teacher, he is limited to the school holidays, and we cannot make the camp at the end of July.
Is there any chance of another camp being held at Easter or over the summer?
Diolch
Kempton

Hi Kempton,
no, unfortunately, we're not looking at adding any more dates in at Easter or Summer, however, should the Summer bootcamps fill up, and there is demand, we would then look at adding one in for the October half term. It's by no means definite, but may at least give you hope of attending one this year,
Cat
cat
SSi Head of Marketing

Postby kempton » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:34 am

Thanks Cat. We'll keep an eye out for it.
Kempton
kempton

Postby Dale » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi Cat
I will be visiting Wales in 2014 and would love to take part at a Tresaith Bootcamp, looking forward for 2014 dates.

Diolch

Dale
Dale
SSiW Member

Location: 3 Mahogany Street. Norman Gardens. Rockhampton. 4701 Qld. Australia

Previous

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!