****5 Tresaith Bootcamp dates for 2013**** | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

****5 Tresaith Bootcamp dates for 2013****

Postby cat » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:56 pm

[EDIT: Please scroll further down this thread for the newly announce dates]

With the booking opening of the luxury bootcamp, I thought it best to relieve any fears regarding whether that's the only bootcamp on offer next year - I'm just checking the dates with Heledd, and then we'll be announcing 5 bootcamps from May-September (including one "family" bootcamp) shortly. :clap:
cat
SSi Head of Marketing

Re: 5 New Tresaith Bootcamps for 2013 shortly to be announced

Postby lambiek » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Wonderful, Cat, thanks!
I am planning to visit the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol next year, hence am very keen on a bootcamp immediately before or after same....
Mae syniadau gwyrddion di-liw yn cysgu'n wyllt
lambiek
SSiW Member

Postby cat » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:45 am

lambiek wrote:Wonderful, Cat, thanks!
I am planning to visit the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol next year, hence am very keen on a bootcamp immediately before or after same....

In which case, you'll be pleased with the dates on offer!
cat
SSi Head of Marketing

Postby Aran » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:56 am

lambiek wrote:I am planning to visit the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol next year, hence am very keen on a bootcamp immediately before or after same....

Tyrd i aros efo ni (neu yn agos atom ni!) cyn neu ar ôl y Steddfod, ac mi gei di wythnos o warchod plant a gwneud gwaith trwy gyfrwng y Gymraeg...:wink:
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby Susiekearle » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:47 pm

cat wrote:With the booking opening of the luxury bootcamp, I thought it best to relieve any fears regarding whether that's the only bootcamp on offer next year - I'm just checking the dates with Heledd, and then we'll be announcing 5 bootcamps from May-September (including one "family" bootcamp) shortly. :clap:

Dear Cat, when announcing the dates of the 2013 Bootcamps - would it be possible to let us know what level of proficiency we need to be at before applying for a place.

I notice the luxury boot camp is only available for 10 (?) what about hiring a Youth Hostel (say Conway North Wales, an old trades union conference building recently refurbished with amazing facilities and central to the town and could probably accommodate 50+) where the week could offer different levels of proficiency - just an idea
Susiekearle
SSiW Member

Postby dinas » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi, Sue! to attend a "Bootcamp" you must have completed course one and, the course one voculbary lessons.
This is to ensure a good overall standard as the week is totally in welsh - NO ENGLISH AT ALL.
Saying that people who have attended have gained a lot of confidence in using the language.
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:33 am

Susiekearle wrote: I notice the luxury boot camp is only available for 10 (?) what about hiring a Youth Hostel (say Conway North Wales, an old trades union conference building recently refurbished with amazing facilities and central to the town and could probably accommodate 50+) where the week could offer different levels of proficiency - just an idea

Thanks for this idea, Sue - it's always a huge help to have suggestions and requests from our learners...:)

The main thing with Bootcamp is not the amount of people we can fit in - we could technically fit 40 in Tresaith! - it's the amount of people we can organise/get to different places/get to know, and we've found out that 10 is pretty much the most we can have for the best possible Bootcamp experience.

I think it would be really amazing to see SSiWers self-organising weeks/weekends in Youth Hostels in larger numbers - but I'm not sure we have a large enough community for that to start happening just now. You never know, though...:)
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby AndrewC » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Just wondering when dates for the 2013 Tresaith Bootcamps will be available?
AndrewC
SSiW Member

Postby cat » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:48 am

I'm aiming to load all the topics up this weekend, so let's say Saturday evening?
cat
SSi Head of Marketing

****5 Tresaith Bootcamp dates for 2013****

Postby cat » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:53 pm

We can announce the following as definite dates for Tresaith Bootcamps in 2013, to be run by Iestyn, Cat & family: :clap:

April 27th – May 4th 2013

June 22nd – 29th 2013

July 27th – August 3rd 2013 (this is the week prior to the Eisteddfod)

September 21st – 28th 2013

Feel free to show your interest in this thread, and ask questions.

BOOKING NOW OPEN: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8411

The price will be £250 per person, with a minimum of 6 and maximum of 10 attendees.

Essential Bootcamp info for you to devour before you make your decision to come!
We won't be accepting anyone on Bootcamp who hasn't finished the SSiW introductory course, AND added vocab units. This will ensure a higher all-round standard, and a better experience for everyone. Even if people have done other courses, we'll still expect them to do SSiW introductory + vocab - advanced learners will fly through it, and it will help get everyone on the same page...

ALL you need to know about Bootcamp here...
http://www.saysomethinginwelsh.com/home/ssiw-bootcamp-welsh-in-the-wild

There is also the possibility of running a family Bootcamp from Bank Holiday Monday May 27th – Sun June 2nd 2013 (Half term), but logistics are proving hard to organise. It would be good to know how much interest there is in running such a bootcamp, and the age range of children who would attend. The same "Welsh only" rule will apply on the family bootcamp, and accepting that there will be an occasional lapse into English from the children, they must be able to spend a week with their parents only talking Welsh to them, and be happy in that environment.

I love running bootcamps and can’t wait to welcome old friends and new to Tresaith again!
I'm looking forward to much :dawnsio: , :lol: and :party: , and maybe a little :shock: but no :ing:!
cat
SSi Head of Marketing

Next

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!