Tresaith Bootcamp - April 2014 - Introductions | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Tresaith Bootcamp - April 2014 - Introductions

Postby hywel_dda » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:44 am

Shw mae Campers – Hi-de-hi

I thought I might break cover first and kick-off April Bootcamp introductions on the forum so we all know who is coming along to Tresaith and how we are all progressing through the SSIW courses. Greater personal detail would be interesting but might, I feel, better be saved for Bootcamp. Talking about ourselves yn y Gymraeg makes for a more relaxed and interesting start to the week. We can try to get on to the delegated legislative powers of the Cynulliad (Welsh Assembly) by the end of the week after a pint or two. There will be plenty of spare time so it would be helpful to hear how everyone feels about other informal activities (beach tennis, cliff-top walks, swimming, singing etc.). Make your views known and share your ideas.

I survived my first Tresaith Bootcamp in September last year having first completed the minimum requirements of 25 Cwrs 1 lessons (southern version) and the associated vocabulary units. Attending April Bootcamp is my reward for having completed Cwrs 2 and I have just, for the first time, run through Gwers 3 of Cwrs 3.

It will be a surprise to me if there are no other participants making a return to Tresaith. I’m sure we’ll all be happy to share experiences, answer questions or provide assurances that would assist in preparations for the holiday. This will be a brilliant week and no-one will want to leave when our time is up.

Iestyn will, I know, remind everyone shortly, to provide other practical information including such matters as dietary preferences and transport.

Hwyl am y tro.

Hywel
hywel_dda

Re: Tresaith Bootcamp - April 2014 - Introductions

Postby dinas » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:34 am

Looking forward to hearing all your "Bootcamp" stories, Hywl...
I see there's still one place up for grabs as well.
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

Postby HelenLindsay » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:37 pm

I have booked the unexpectedly available last place on April's bootcamp, this very afternoon!

Last week I was at Nant Gwrtheyrn on the Popeth Cymraeg course with Ioan Talfryn, and on Wednesday evening Steve (Catflap) persuaded me to join him on a visit to the Gadlas bootcamp. I was very impressed, everyone was chatting away so naturally, so I got carried away and booked the April bootcamp - I don't want to lose momentum. I am a first-time bootcamper. :help:

I am on Gwers 18, Cwrs 2 (Northern), but I only completed six of the ten vocab units in between the two courses, for example, I haven't done Rhif 2, so I have those to catch up with.

If anyone wants a lift to Tresaith from Machynlleth or Aberystwyth, there's room in my car.
HelenLindsay
SSiW Member

Postby pollypolly » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi
I'm Polly, this will be my first bootcamp, I did start course three but stopped to concentrate on the vocab units etc in preparation for bootcamp. I'll be driving down from near Edinburgh Friday/Saturday, I'll probably stop over on the North Wales coast Friday night, and hope to have a similarly leisurely drive back at the end of the week. I'm a bit of a Luddite so I don't skype or do forum stuff and don't get to practice with people and I usually clam up when I ought to try the Welsh out when holidaying in Wales. Let's hope bootcamp changes me!
Polly
pollypolly
SSiW Member

Postby hywel_dda » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:38 am

Lle Bootcampwyr?
hywel_dda

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!