2014 Luxury Northern Bootcamp/Bwtnos - ALL THE GOSSIP! | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

2014 Luxury Northern Bootcamp/Bwtnos - ALL THE GOSSIP!

Postby Aran » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:27 am

Susanna kicked off the week by bringing a couple of bottles of Finnish cider for me to test, which always makes for an excellent beginning to Bootcamp...:wink:

We did Pwllheli, Caernarfon, and a Cymdeithas yr Iaith rali followed by a take-out supper on Saturday, and then Sunday lunch in Aberdaron followed by a leisurely walk around one of our favourite Mynytho walks (split into 'long' and 'short' walk groups, of which Geraint obviously found himself on the wrong one!) and then a trip to the Glyn-y-Weddw.

Today, we're going to take advantage of this lovely weather somehow or other, and then end up in Porthaethwy to be shown the Rownd a Rownd set - more news later, but in summary, it's all good.

And it really is particularly easy from our side of things when the overall level of Welsh is this remarkably good. They really are an outstandingly strong group, which is a delight to see...:D
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Re: Luxury northern Bootcamp - Gadlas - details

Postby Catrin Lliar » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:59 pm

Well you 2012 Bootcampers will not be disappointed to hear that this one is living up to the drama of that infamous week in Tresaith full of hospital visits and GP surgeries.

Amidst the chaos of house renovations, an unusable kitchen and bathroom in turmoil we've also thrown in a throat infection, a flat tyre and a sick dog who needs the vets asap... so I'm wondering if this is a good omen? Is this going to be another unforgettably fabulous Bootcamp?

I've left Aran to it today and am off now to juggle school run, vets and tyre change at the garage. :roll:

One thing's for sure, this will always be remembered as the Bootcamp where Ian mistakenly told Susanna, early one morning that he was in love with her... :lol:

Full story to come... :wink:
Northern course female voice. Raised in Pen Llŷn, fled when 18. Spent my 20s discovering the wider world. A qualified teacher (English & art), worked in marketing with small local businesses - gave it all up to become a Mam! A creative soul who inherited my family's artistic gene, love drawing, being behind the lens of a camera and being creative with food. Movies, red wine, dark chocolate help me relax. Always here to help!
Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

2014 Luxury Bootcamp - all the gossip...

Postby Catrin Lliar » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:48 pm

The 2014 Pen Llŷn Luxury Bootcamp is almost all done. Tomorrow everyone returns back home. :sad:

You'll find all the gossip from this wonderful and unforgettable week in this very thread! So keep an eye on here for stories, memories, personal experiences and much more! :D
Northern course female voice. Raised in Pen Llŷn, fled when 18. Spent my 20s discovering the wider world. A qualified teacher (English & art), worked in marketing with small local businesses - gave it all up to become a Mam! A creative soul who inherited my family's artistic gene, love drawing, being behind the lens of a camera and being creative with food. Movies, red wine, dark chocolate help me relax. Always here to help!
Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

Re: 2014 Luxury Bootcamp - all the gossip...

Postby sumsmeister » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:48 am

Can't wait! I suppose I'll have to, but it's hard, Duw it's hard...
Don't call me Max; he's got talent whereas I've just the ability to copy :-?
Cymru am byth!
Please the Forum Guidelines
sumsmeister
SSiW Angel

Re: 2014 Luxury Bootcamp - all the gossip...

Postby hewrop » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:33 am

I'm particularly looking forward to hearing more about the love interest that someone let slip at the beginning of the week. :wink: Are we to expect the first Priodas SSiW? :D
hewrop
The Magnificent Saith

Re: Luxury northern Bootcamp - Gadlas - details

Postby Catrin Lliar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:19 pm

What happens in Bootcamp stays in Bootcamp... unless you have a YouTube account of course...

Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

Re: 2014 Luxury Northern Bootcamp - ALL THE GOSSIP!

Postby Catrin Lliar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Meinir Gwilym at Bootcamp! On Wednesday evening she came with her partner Bryn to have dinner with us and sing a few songs, it was a wonderful few hours in her company and the private gig was something else. Here's a taster...

Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

Postby dinas » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:12 pm

Meinir Gwilym at Bootcamp!

WOW!!! :clap:
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

Postby Catrin Lliar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:27 pm

Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

Postby essenbee » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Helo pawb!

Dw i yn ol o'r Bootcamp rwan, a rhaid i mi ddweud oedd o'n profiad yn arbennig iawn iawn :D . Oedd y grwp yn ffantasteg - mor hawddgar. Oedd y hollol peth yn rhywbeth y bydda i byth yn anghofio. Diolch yn fawr iawn o welodd y fyng ngalon i Aran a Catrin, wnaethon nhw drefnu lot o bethau gwych i ni wneud, er gwaetha popeth oedd yn digwydd :clap: .

(Sori, mae'n anodd i newid yn ol i siarad Saesneg)

Hwyl,

Stu
Last edited by essenbee on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ar hyn o bryd, dw i'n astudio: Cwrs 3 Gwers 20 (fersiwn y Gogledd)
Yn ddiweddar, dw i wedi bod yn gwrando ar Meinir Gwilym
Beth ydw i'n darllen? Alecs Rider 1: Tarandon
Fel 'na ma' i a fel 'na fydd hi
essenbee
SSiW Member

Next

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!