Luxury northern Bootcamp - Gadlas - FOOD!!!!!! | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Beth wyt ti isho i swper?

Chicken and leek pie.
21%
Spaghetti Bolognese
No votes
Lasagne
5%
Chicken Enchiladas
5%
Cottage Pie
11%
Sausage Casserole
No votes
Chicken Korma
5%
Chicken in White Wine
No votes
Lobsgows
No votes
Beef and Ale Pie
No votes
Victoria sponge with fresh cream
No votes
Chocolate Fudge Cake
5%
Cheesecake
37%
Pavlova
5%
Ice Cream&Fruit&Sauces&Wafers
5%
Cupcakes
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: Luxury northern Bootcamp - Gadlas - FOOD!!!!!!

Postby essenbee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:17 am

Just a quick note to confirm the basic supplies that I will be bringing with me on Friday for us all to use, and ask a few questions:

Milk (4 or 8 pints, do you think?)
Tea Bags
Instant Coffee
Sugar
Red Wine (for Friday meal)

If anyone has any special requests (herbal teas, soya milk, etc.), please let me know asap.

Hwyl,

Stu
Ar hyn o bryd, dw i'n astudio: Cwrs 3 Gwers 20 (fersiwn y Gogledd)
Yn ddiweddar, dw i wedi bod yn gwrando ar Meinir Gwilym
Beth ydw i'n darllen? Alecs Rider 1: Tarandon
Fel 'na ma' i a fel 'na fydd hi
essenbee
SSiW Member

Postby Catrin Lliar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:35 am

essenbee wrote:Just a quick note to confirm the basic supplies that I will be bringing with me on Friday for us all to use, and ask a few questions:

Milk (4 or 8 pints, do you think?)
Tea Bags
Instant Coffee
Sugar
Red Wine (for Friday meal)

If anyone has any special requests (herbal teas, soya milk, etc.), please let me know asap.

Hwyl,

Stu

This is marvellous Stu! Thank you so much for your efforts! I have a plethora of various herbal and fruit teas. I shall make a bag of various single sachets for you which should be sufficient for the first evening and morning till you can get to the shops. :)
Northern course female voice. Raised in Pen Llŷn, fled when 18. Spent my 20s discovering the wider world. A qualified teacher (English & art), worked in marketing with small local businesses - gave it all up to become a Mam! A creative soul who inherited my family's artistic gene, love drawing, being behind the lens of a camera and being creative with food. Movies, red wine, dark chocolate help me relax. Always here to help!
Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

Postby essenbee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:53 am

Diolch yn fawr Catrin. What do you think about the amount of milk? I am tending to think 8 pints, to cover drinks and breakfast cereals, etc...

Stu
essenbee
SSiW Member

Postby Catrin Lliar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:18 pm

8 sounds good to me! :)
Northern course female voice. Raised in Pen Llŷn, fled when 18. Spent my 20s discovering the wider world. A qualified teacher (English & art), worked in marketing with small local businesses - gave it all up to become a Mam! A creative soul who inherited my family's artistic gene, love drawing, being behind the lens of a camera and being creative with food. Movies, red wine, dark chocolate help me relax. Always here to help!
Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

Postby essenbee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Catrin Lliar wrote:8 sounds good to me! :)

So be it!

Hwyl,

Stu
essenbee
SSiW Member

Postby Gruntius » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am

Nice one Stu, I don't do tea or coffee but I know some people (read: most people) can't function in the morning until they get their first cuppa so it'll make the mornings around the table a happier place. :wink: I'll be bringing my own breakfast supplies for the week too so no worries there.
Doing the Gog thingy.

"The_drummist" on Skype if you fancy a chat.

A little bit of my past life ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXEhh2dCQYg
Gruntius
SSiW Member

Postby TygerC » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:51 am

Yeah, I'll bring my own stuff too, makes things easier. (Next week! :shock: )
Dogs have owners, cats have staff.
me@twitter, blog, g+, susanna.sorvali@Skype
#Believe in Sherlock
TygerC
SSiW Member

Postby Catrin Lliar » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:45 am

Just a couple of things and a big apology from me...

I'm off in a couple of minutes to town (with dogs and boy child) to buy chicken pie and cheesecake ingredients, I'm then off to Mam and Dad's house to borrow their kitchen for cooking of afore mentioned dishes - but it's all going to have to be done quickly as my Mam is just home from a week in hospital during which time she was very unwell, so she is tired and run down and needs plenty of rest and peace and quiet.

Mynytho HQ is currently without a workable kitchen (or bathroom for that matter) as the housing association who own our house are ploughing through a long list of renovations and improvements throughout last week, this week and next.

Though we have a timetable of works, each day seems like a lotto as we never really know which workmen or how many are going to knock on the door next! The house is in turmoil, covered in dust and we have nowhere to properly cook, eat or keep clean which makes it a little tricky with young kids and two dogs!

So this morning with Angharad at school along with Aran who's doing his voluntary, weekly Spanish session with the pupils; Beuno, dogs and myself are off to get tomorrow night's inaugural dinner sorted. This afternoon we finish preparing for Bootcamp, this evening we finish moving the large appliances out of the kitchen and tomorrow morning I have a full morning of teaching art at school before you guys arrive! :wow: :D :wow:

My apology is this, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to ask those of you whom are vegan and, or vegetarian to bring your own dinner. I don't like having to do this and I know that I did cook for you last year, but I know that I don't have the clarity of mind to think of a suitable dish for you let alone the time to cook it - I'm so sorry. I also hope that this isn't too last minute. :-?

There are plenty of shops around should you need anyone to take you to get a few bits and pieces. :wink:

So see you all tomorrow and lets hope that we'll have been able to borrow someone else's shower before we get to you... :oops:
Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

Postby TygerC » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:25 am

Catrin Lliar wrote:My apology is this, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to ask those of you whom are vegan and, or vegetarian to bring your own dinner.

No problem, don't worry.

Everything is packed and I'm leaving for the airport in an hour! :dance:
Dogs have owners, cats have staff.
me@twitter, blog, g+, susanna.sorvali@Skype
#Believe in Sherlock
TygerC
SSiW Member

Previous

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!