September 2014 Bootcamp Booking | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Re: September 2014 Bootcamp Booking

Postby hewrop » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:07 pm

Iestyn wrote:Yep, I would say so!

Come on, September bootcampers - show yourselves...!

Well Gethyn, Joanie and I have declared ourselves here. Wonder who the other 4 are?
I guess the vacancies are down to 2 now. :smile:
Huw
hewrop
The Magnificent Saith

Postby Joanie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:57 am

My husband and I booked the little flat next door to the Canolfan - he's one of the attendees, too.

I am excited but am scared out of my mind. I am anxious in English let alone Welsh, lol.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!
Last edited by Joanie on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joanie
SSiW Member

Postby DavidHT » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:49 am

hewrop wrote:As Iestyn & Cat know, however, I do like my creature comforts so I've just checked the availability of the Canolfan's adjacent flats. The smallest one, "Eluned", appears to be pre-booked (possibly be one of the SSiWers?) so I've looked at the larger "Cilie" which is still available.

When I come to book up for 2015, I am sorely tempted to do something like this. Thinking and speaking Welsh exclusively the whole day is bound to leave me tired, and when I am tired or over-tired there is a risk of me snoring like a bandsaw. I have absolutely no wish to inflict that on anybody!
David HT
I reached (southern) cwrs 2 gwers 18, and struggled. Went back to the beginning of course 2, by way of revision, and light relief! Currently revising gwers 9.
Please feel free to correct my Welsh, and if you can explain why that's even better!
Currently doing Mynediad 2 at evening classes.
DavidHT
SSiW Member

Postby hewrop » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:01 am

Joanie wrote:My husband and I booked the little room at the Canolfan - he's one of the attendees, too.

I am excited but am scared out of my mind. I am anxious in English let alone Welsh, lol.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Some of the most accomplished Bootcampers have come from Unol Daleithiau.
There is absolutely no need to be scared. The reason that I'm no longer scared at Bootcamp is not because my Welsh is error-free but because SSiW has given me the confidence not to worry about my errors. I have a secret tip in sticking to the "no English" rule. If I can't remember how to say something in Welsh, I change the subject and talk about what I do know how to say. :wink: Above all, everyone is so friendly that fear disappears even before the week starts proper.

I'm also looking forward to meeting everyone and maybe re-meeting some.
hewrop
The Magnificent Saith

Previous

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!