Luxury northern Bootcamp - Gadlas - details | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Re: Luxury northern Bootcamp - Gadlas - details

Postby karengo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Did that just post twice? Sorry, I was getting error messages from the forum.

[It did, so I've deleted one of them. Not your fault -- a glitch in the forum software that appeared today! - Tahl]
karengo
SSiW Member

Postby TygerC » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:48 pm

I'm in the plane! See you all tomorrow!
Dogs have owners, cats have staff.
me@twitter, blog, g+, susanna.sorvali@Skype
#Believe in Sherlock
TygerC
SSiW Member

Postby Gruntius » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Catrin, would it make your life easier if we have a take-away night tomorrow? If you want to treat us it can be later in the week. There is no need to put unnecessary pressure on yourself. I'm sure everyone will agree.
Doing the Gog thingy.

"The_drummist" on Skype if you fancy a chat.

A little bit of my past life ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXEhh2dCQYg
Gruntius
SSiW Member

Postby Atomic Newt » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:39 pm

I won't speak for Susanna but as the attending vegetarian please don't worry about me!! You do so very much for everyone all the time!! And as I've said before, I'm perfectly fine with something light which I can find on my own! :)

Karen, that's a lovely offer!! My only concern is that you go through that trouble and I have some hitch with my tight travel schedule causing me to be late and us having to miss out on stopping by! :oops: Just wanted to warn of that possibility!

Leaving for the airport in a few hours, racing around my house packing, unpacking, repacking! :faint:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Atomic Newt
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Atomic Newt wrote:My only concern is that you go through that trouble and I have some hitch with my tight travel schedule causing me to be late and us having to miss out on stopping by!

If you're picking up food, we'll give you a free pass to be a later arrival!...:wink:

Karen, that's an *extremely* kind offer - if Vaughan's okay with it, I'd say go with whichever would be the easiest option for you, because I'm certain our vegetarians will be delighted with whichever it is...:seren:

Grunt - yeah, nice try, mate. I say stuff like that sometimes, and get about as far as you're going to, which is nowhere - even though it's sane and right...:wink:
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby Atomic Newt » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:55 pm

Aran wrote:If you're picking up food, we'll give you a free pass to be a later arrival!...:wink:

And miss out on my choice of bed?!?! :harhar:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Atomic Newt
SSiW Member

Postby karengo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:57 pm

Aran wrote:... go with whichever would be the easiest option for you

OK, that's sorted (since Susanna is already en route so doesn't get a say in this). And don't worry, Jen. This is just everyday food, simple to double up what I'm cooking for the family anyway.
If you're running too late to stop in TH Roberts I'll lob it through the car window as you pass by.
Grunt - yeah, nice try, mate. I say stuff like that sometimes, and get about as far as you're going to, which is nowhere - even though it's sane and right...:wink:

Seconded.
karengo
SSiW Member

Postby vgh50 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Atomic Newt wrote:Leaving for the airport in a few hours, racing around my house packing, unpacking, repacking! :faint:

Safe journey Jen! Text or WhatsApp me (or call me) when you land and you have a few minutes, we can keep in touch then...how exciting. :D

I've sent you a WhatsApp message to your USA number, so we can use this to keep in contact if your UK number doesn't work... :smile:

Aran wrote:Karen, that's an *extremely* kind offer - if Vaughan's okay with it, I'd say go with whichever would be the easiest option for you, because I'm certain our vegetarians will be delighted with whichever it is...:seren:

Sounds like a plan, don't worry about me; I'm just the driver, I'll go wherever I'm told to go. :wink:

karengo wrote:If you're running too late to stop in TH Roberts I'll lob it through the car window as you pass by.

I'll make sure Jen has her mouth open... :wink:

Hopefully all will be fine and we can stop for a paned and some of that famous TH Roberts cake, I'll keep you updated with texts Karen, throughout the morning... :D
vgh50
SSiW Member

Postby Catrin Lliar » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Gosh Karen thank you so much!!! That's a fabulous offer! :dance:

Geraint and myself have already had a conflab via text messages regarding his offer, let's say I've put him in his place. :wink:

Ingredients bought, decided to leave Mam in peace this morning and as the workmen aren't coming to lay the self levelling screed on the kitchen floor till tomorrow morning, that gives me a window to put a pie in the oven this evening before I have to move the oven (plus dishwasher, plus fridge) in to the living room! :wink:

Now then, I've got wet plaster in the kitchen and wet paint in the stairwell so best take the kids to the chippy for dinner!
Northern course female voice. Raised in Pen Llŷn, fled when 18. Spent my 20s discovering the wider world. A qualified teacher (English & art), worked in marketing with small local businesses - gave it all up to become a Mam! A creative soul who inherited my family's artistic gene, love drawing, being behind the lens of a camera and being creative with food. Movies, red wine, dark chocolate help me relax. Always here to help!
Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

Postby Catrin Lliar » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:06 pm

vgh50 wrote:... we can stop for a paned... :D

Ahem... It's panad up ere in these parts Mr G. H... time to get with that Pen Llŷn vibe... :wink:
Northern course female voice. Raised in Pen Llŷn, fled when 18. Spent my 20s discovering the wider world. A qualified teacher (English & art), worked in marketing with small local businesses - gave it all up to become a Mam! A creative soul who inherited my family's artistic gene, love drawing, being behind the lens of a camera and being creative with food. Movies, red wine, dark chocolate help me relax. Always here to help!
Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

PreviousNext

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!