June 2014 Bootcamp Bookings | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

June 2014 Bootcamp Bookings

Postby Iestyn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Booking is open for the June bootcamp, which runs from 4pm Sunday 22nd of June to 10am Sunday 29th June.

***Please note, this bootcamp runs Sunday to Sunday, and will include a visit to Llandysul's famous "Gwyl Wledig" on the Saturday.***

Cost is £260. We are not certain of running until there are 6 people signed up (to cover our costs), but we shall keep a close eye, and keep you updated on how many places there are left.

Here is the link for booking: https://bookwhen.com/he4qc/201406220000/rcq

There are currently 5 places remaining.

Please remember the following bootcamp conditions:

1) Bootcamp payments are, generally speaking, not refundable. Your money will, of course be refunded in full if *we* cancel the bootcamp, but if *you* pull out, we reserve the right not to return anything. This is especially true if you pull out close to the date, making it difficult to fill your place. Please make sure that you are definitely wanting to come on bootcamp, and please take out holiday insurance (yes, this is a holiday!) to cover your costs in the event of a change of circumstance.

2) No language except Welsh is allowed during bootcamp. There is a time for orientation at the start and an introduction in English, so that we all start on the same page, but after that you will not speak English (or any language other than Welsh) until the following Saturday.

3) Bootcamp is for people who have completed the material in course 1, including the vocab lessons. If you are a non-SSiWer, then please do lesson 25 (south) or 26 (north), and vocab unit 10, and if you can't keep up, then fly through the course to give yourself a chance at bootcamp.

4) Bootcamp is one of the most frightening, rewarding, tiring, exhilirating experiences you will ever take part in. If you throw yourself in, you will end the week as a Welsh speaker. If you are half hearted, you will probably not enjoy the experience, and you certainly won't get the most out of it. Please be committed!!!

5) That's all sounded a bit serious... Bootcamp is a holiday in one of the most beautiful parts of Wales (and thus, the world). You will spend a week with lovely people, visiting lovely places, and doing interesting things. You will have fun, and go home with beautiful memories that will last you a life time, and firm friendships that will take your Welsh to a new level. Come on holiday, and go home a Welsh speaker - how's that for a bargain?!!!
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

Re: June 2014 Bootcamp Bookings

Postby faithless78 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:06 pm

I have just booked my place...10 mins ago! :D
Really looking forward to this 'holiday of a lifetime' in the 'house of pain'! :wink:
Pain is good...no pain no gain right???
Seriously though, I am looking forward to meeting everyone and challenging myself to speak nothing but Welsh for a week. Hope to see some more names here shortly! :D
Rwy'n gwneud SSiW Cwrs 3 (Deheuol) Gwers 25,
a SSiW Lefel 1 newydd (Deheuol) hefyd (rwy newydd gwpla Her 14).
“Falle fod e'n hen foi od i bawb arall, ond nid i fi.” DCI Mathias #ygwyll
"Weithir, rwy'n moyn yfed dy gwrw di hefyd!" SSiW Cwrs 2, Gwers 24
faithless78
SSiW Member

Postby Iestyn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Croeso, Gav - welcome to Bootcamp. Strictly speaking, pain will slow your Welsh down, so we try to discourage it, at least for prolonged periods... :wink:
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

Postby margaretnock » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Fi hefyd. Dw i wedi talu newydd. Roedd flin 'da fi golli yr wythnos llynedd ond gobeithio bydd popeth yn iawn eleni.

Margaret
margaretnock
SSiW Member

Postby hectorgrey » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:40 am

Dwi newydd dalu hefyd. Mae fe'n fy Bootcamp cyntaf, ond dwi'n disgyl ymlaen at e.

I think I spelled that mostly right; please feel free to correct me if I didn't. For those of you who don't read Welsh, that was "I've just paid too. It's my first Bootcamp, but I'm looking forward to it."
hectorgrey
SSiW Member

Postby faithless78 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:48 am

hectorgrey wrote:Dwi newydd dalu hefyd. Mae fe'n fy Bootcamp cyntaf, ond dwi'n disgyl ymlaen at e.

I think I spelled that mostly right; please feel free to correct me if I didn't. For those of you who don't read Welsh, that was "I've just paid too. It's my first Bootcamp, but I'm looking forward to it."

Ardderchog, mwy pobl!!! Bydd bod yn fy mootcamp cyntaf hefyd. Rwy'n gobeithio gweld mwy enwau yma yn fuan. (Notice that I mutated an English word there??) :smile:
faithless78
SSiW Member

Postby Dee » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:08 pm

faithless78 wrote:Ardderchog, mwy pobl!!! Bydd bod yn fy mootcamp cyntaf hefyd. Rwy'n gobeithio gweld mwy enwau yma yn fuan. (Notice that I mutated an English word there??) :smile:

You'll have so much fun! And love the mutation - "Dw i'n mynd i Desco" quite often, and my family live "Ym Mlackpool" :lol:
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Postby faithless78 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:40 pm

I'm trying to find out more information about the Gŵyl Wledig Tysul on the 28th June. Does anyone know of a link to such information at all??
faithless78
SSiW Member

Postby cat » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:58 pm

There is a twitter feed that will be used more closer to the time, but you can guarantee we'll be going to it as the boy's school perform some songs, and it's a good day out. I doubt you'll be the only bootcamper to join us!
cat
SSi Head of Marketing

Postby faithless78 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Diolch yn fawr Cat. I will go follow them now! :D
faithless78
SSiW Member

Next

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!