April 2014 Tresaith Bootcamp bookings | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

April 2014 Tresaith Bootcamp bookings

Postby Iestyn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Booking is open for the April bootcamp, which runs from 4pm Saturday 26th of April to 10am Saturday 3rd May.

Cost is £260. We are not certain of running until there are 6 people signed up (to cover our costs), but we shall keep a close eye, and keep you updated on how many places there are left.

Here is the link for booking: https://bookwhen.com/he4qc/201404260000/rcq

There is now 1 place left on this bootcamp

Please remember the following bootcamp conditions:

1) Bootcamp payments are, generally speaking, not refundable. Your money will, of course be refunded in full if *we* cancel the bootcamp, but if *you* pull out, we reserve the right not to return anything. This is especially true if you pull out close to the date, making it difficult to fill your place. Please make sure that you are definitely wanting to come on bootcamp, and please take out holiday insurance (yes, this is a holiday!) to cover your costs in the event of a change of circumstance.

2) No language except Welsh is allowed during bootcamp. There is a time for orientation at the start and an introduction in English, so that we all start on the same page, but after that you will not speak English (or any language other than Welsh) until the following Saturday.

3) Bootcamp is for people who have completed the material in course 1, including the vocab lessons. If you are a non-SSiWer, then please do lesson 25 (south) or 26 (north), and vocab unit 10, and if you can't keep up, then fly through the course to give yourself a chance at bootcamp.

4) Bootcamp is one of the most frightening, rewarding, tiring, exhilirating experiences you will ever take part in. If you throw yourself in, you will end the week as a Welsh speaker. If you are half hearted, you will probably not enjoy the experience, and you certainly won't get the most out of it. Please be committed!!!

5) That's all sounded a bit serious... Bootcamp is a holiday in one of the most beautiful parts of Wales (and thus, the world). You will spend a week with lovely people, visiting lovely places, and doing interesting things. You will have fun, and go home with beautiful memories that will last you a life time, and firm friendships that will take your Welsh to a new level. Come on holiday, and go home a Welsh speaker - how's that for a bargain?!!!
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

Re: April 2014 Bootcamp

Postby faithless78 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:55 pm

I would very much be interested in attending the June Bootcamp, as I have time off work at that time. Do you know when bookings will be taken for June??
Rwy'n gwneud SSiW Cwrs 3 (Deheuol) Gwers 25,
a SSiW Lefel 1 newydd (Deheuol) hefyd (rwy newydd gwpla Her 14).
“Falle fod e'n hen foi od i bawb arall, ond nid i fi.” DCI Mathias #ygwyll
"Weithir, rwy'n moyn yfed dy gwrw di hefyd!" SSiW Cwrs 2, Gwers 24
faithless78
SSiW Member

Postby dinas » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Having been on eight or nine holidays I highly recommend going on one. All of, Iestyns, comments - spot on...(I wasn't frightened though) . Hopefully, I'll make at least one.
So don't delay register today!
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:50 am

dinas wrote:(I wasn't frightened though)

Not even when you had to sit next to me to watch Wales lose at rugby? I must be getting old... :wow:
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby lovelybethus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi - I have just booked for the April bootcamp - I will get practising over the next couple of months in preparation!

I just wanted to check whether it would be ok to leave on the Friday evening? This would mean that I can be easily picked up by a family member but at the moment the Saturday morning might be difficult. I am not sure of the programme and don't want to cause any difficulties but need to plan as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Beth
lovelybethus

Postby johngwilym » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:57 pm

I am wondering if I have missed some notifications. These dates were originally advertised for a boot camp at Pen Llŷn and for which I expressed a firm interest. Does this mean that there will now not be a camp 'yn y gogledd' on these dates, and are there any other dates in prospect? Diolch yn fawr. :-?
johngwilym
SSiW Member

Postby Iestyn » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi Beth!

Croeso mawr to bootcamp - the more practice you get in between now and then, the more you'll be able to enjoy yourself! Remember though, don't stress about it. Nearly everybody finds the first couple of days tough, and by Monday or Tuesday are getting into the swing of things, so do what you can, and trust Bootcamp to do the rest!

You won't miss much activity by leaving on Friday night, Beth, but you may find yourself a bit p***ed off to be leaving early. I would advise you to make plans for the Friday lift, but wait to see who else is going, and who could offer you a lift on Saturday. That way, your covered if things don't work out, but can do the whole bootcamp if things fall into place.

johngwilym wrote:I am wondering if I have missed some notifications.

Hi John! It does look like you missed the notification of the northern bootcamp. Booking opened a while ago for that, and it was full within hours! There are ideas about another northern bootcamp, but no firm plans as yet.

However, remember that "northern" and "southern" bootcamps are only geographical references. We have plenty of Gogs (northerners) on Tresaith bootcamps, and there will be Hwntws (southerners) on the Pen Llŷn bootcamp, so if you're ready to take the plunge, you're more than welcome at Tresaith!
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

Re: April 2014 Tresaith Bootcamp

Postby johngwilym » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Many thanks Iestyn. I must watch out more carefully for the dates in future. Hwyl am y tro.
johngwilym
SSiW Member

Postby MikeEllwood » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:46 pm

I note the reference to Paypal on the booking page.

Do you actually have to have a Paypal account?

I know it's sometimes possible to pay via Paypal without actually having (or using) a Paypal account, but that obviously depends on how the payee has set things up.

Diolch!
Northern: Flirting with C3

O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau
MikeEllwood

Postby Sionned » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:57 pm

As far as I know, you can always pay on PayPal with just a credit card. It is easier (for PayPal) if you have a PayPal account, but it doesn't cost you anything different either way.
Please do read the forum guidelines - they're very short!
And let me know where you live, and I'll put you on the map!
Sionned
SSiW Angel

Next

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!