Etched in | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Etched in

Postby jashwntw » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:13 pm

I was just sitting at work and thought of the welsh I learnt at Bootcamp in September. I haven't been able to use it with anyone since then but it's still there. It's a good sign that it will be worth doing again!

Some of the words coming to mind, incase anyone was wondering -

Llwy, Ffwrc, Cyllell, Doniol, Peiriant golchi llestri, dianc.

In the meantime I will have to see if there are enough people in SW London wanting to create a conversation group. That would be great, to meet once a fortnight perhaps.
All corrections of my grammar are welcome. So please feel free.
I'm not good enough to correct your grammar I'm affraid so any post relating to grammar I write is only something I feel I've heard or noticed but has no baring on how you should use Welsh.

That's my little disclaimer done. I'm really looking forward to your contributions :)
jashwntw
SSiW Member

Re: Etched in

Postby RamblingJohn » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:24 pm

It was certainly great and i can't wait to go again, i remember words like morlo, mulfran, barcod goch, bwncath, and so much more.
Had you considered the Rochester group as being the nearest to you i know of, or maybe setting up a google+ group.

Hope to see you on a bootcamp again sometime.

Cheers J.P.
Northern cwrs 2, vocabs. dipping tentative toe in cwrs3.
The todo list grows ever longer.
In the beginning there was no history, let's try and add something useful.
RamblingJohn
SSiW Member

Postby lambiek » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:04 am

Were you stuck in the kitchen at Bootcamp a lot, Jason? :wink:
Mae syniadau gwyrddion di-liw yn cysgu'n wyllt
lambiek
SSiW Member

Postby jashwntw » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Rochester is a bit far. A google hangout would be good but not as good as a pub I'm sure.

Stuck in the kitchen - Well I already knew the words traith, castell, mwnt, amgueddfa early on. I think it says a lot more about my not spending enough time considering kitchen vocab that the words were so new. Not trying to say I'm lazy when it comes to cooking, though I never actually made a meal I just laid the table mostly :oops:
All corrections of my grammar are welcome. So please feel free.
I'm not good enough to correct your grammar I'm affraid so any post relating to grammar I write is only something I feel I've heard or noticed but has no baring on how you should use Welsh.

That's my little disclaimer done. I'm really looking forward to your contributions :)
jashwntw
SSiW Member

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!