Y Gwyll Bootcamp? | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Y Gwyll Bootcamp?

Postby sjs » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Following a weekend visit to Caerdydd, including the YHA, I can pass on to SSiW that the Borth Hostel is still very much open for business and YHA would welcome an approach by organisations/individuals to make a block booking for -say - a language bootcamp. It seems to good to be true, right in the heart of 'Gwlad Y Gwyll', just needs someone to trigger it off. I'd love to but am up to my proverbial ears with a day job, the Bevan/Robeson book and getting beyond Cwrs 1 Dosbarth 19. Diolch.
sjs

Re: Y Gwyll Bootcamp?

Postby toulouse2 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Wouldn't it be great to have a bootcamp there and do a 'murder mystery' evening yn Cmyraeg.? Only not too realistic.. and possibly with better weather.. :D
toulouse2
SSiW Member

Postby RamblingJohn » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:59 pm

There is a railway station so easy access to aber and many points north to Pwllheli, that gives four connections with steam railways, and of course devils bridge as seen in Y Gwyll.
There is plenty of different areas near by to see wild life including a large bog with it's associated interesting plants.
Early April would see spring breaking through with reasonably long mild days, perhaps the murder mystery could happen at a picnic amongst castle ruins.

Cheers J.P.
Northern cwrs 2, vocabs. dipping tentative toe in cwrs3.
The todo list grows ever longer.
In the beginning there was no history, let's try and add something useful.
RamblingJohn
SSiW Member

Postby faithless78 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:33 pm

toulouse2 wrote:Wouldn't it be great to have a bootcamp there and do a 'murder mystery' evening yn Cmyraeg.? Only not too realistic.. and possibly with better weather.. :D

I think the weather will actually add to the whole experience of the bootcamp!

.... but a few nice weather days would be very welcome too! :D
Rwy'n gwneud SSiW Cwrs 3 (Deheuol) Gwers 25,
a SSiW Lefel 1 newydd (Deheuol) hefyd (rwy newydd gwpla Her 14).
“Falle fod e'n hen foi od i bawb arall, ond nid i fi.” DCI Mathias #ygwyll
"Weithir, rwy'n moyn yfed dy gwrw di hefyd!" SSiW Cwrs 2, Gwers 24
faithless78
SSiW Member

Postby dreamsofwales » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:39 pm

If anyone fancies a trip to Borth I can recommend a fantastic B&B that I found through the website airbnb.
I stayed there for 3 nights last year on one of my many house-hunting trips and the owners were brilliant. Knowing i was learning Welsh, Kasper and her husband organised a party so I could meet their Welsh-speaking friends. One in particular sticks in my mind as she had fairly recently moved to Wales and adopted a whole new Welsh identity, including a new Welsh name and lived her life pretty much entirely through the medium of Welsh. The scenery was wonderful and i was thrilled to recognise it on Y Gwyllt which like many others in here I amreally enjoying.
Does Anyone else think that Tom Mathias looks like Ed from Pobol y Cwm?
Course three (southern) lesson twenty two and have dabbled with the Course one gog lessons.
dreamsofwales
SSiW Member

Postby Sionned » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:07 pm

dreamsofwales wrote:If anyone fancies a trip to Borth I can recommend a fantastic B&B that I found through the website airbnb.
I stayed there for 3 nights last year on one of my many house-hunting trips and the owners were brilliant. Knowing i was learning Welsh, Kasper and her husband organised a party so I could meet their Welsh-speaking friends. One in particular sticks in my mind as she had fairly recently moved to Wales and adopted a whole new Welsh identity, including a new Welsh name and lived her life pretty much entirely through the medium of Welsh. The scenery was wonderful and i was thrilled to recognise it on Y Gwyllt which like many others in here I amreally enjoying.
Does Anyone else think that Tom Mathias looks like Ed from Pobol y Cwm?

Sounds lovely - what is the name of the B&B?
Please do read the forum guidelines - they're very short!
And let me know where you live, and I'll put you on the map!
Sionned
SSiW Angel

Postby dreamsofwales » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:27 pm

It's in Cambrian terrace in Borth, right by the station. It has no actual name but here is the link

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/462007

The whole family were really lovely.
Course three (southern) lesson twenty two and have dabbled with the Course one gog lessons.
dreamsofwales
SSiW Member

Postby sjs » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:20 pm

Diolch pawb......will post rates for hiring the Hostel tomorrow, take it from there....'Whodunit' this week in Y Gwyll? Last weeks benoument was top notch by any standard.
sjs

Postby sjs » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:50 am

Borth Hostel complete $380 for two nights off-season (midweeks) plus $175 extra night, up to 20 places for comfort. T. YHA 01629 592700 option 2 for more. Diolch a pob lwc
sjs

Postby faithless78 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:28 pm

sjs wrote:Borth Hostel complete $380 for two nights off-season (midweeks) plus $175 extra night, up to 20 places for comfort. T. YHA 01629 592700 option 2 for more. Diolch a pob lwc

That's really good.... but what if we want to pay in Pounds Sterling??? £
Rwy'n gwneud SSiW Cwrs 3 (Deheuol) Gwers 25,
a SSiW Lefel 1 newydd (Deheuol) hefyd (rwy newydd gwpla Her 14).
“Falle fod e'n hen foi od i bawb arall, ond nid i fi.” DCI Mathias #ygwyll
"Weithir, rwy'n moyn yfed dy gwrw di hefyd!" SSiW Cwrs 2, Gwers 24
faithless78
SSiW Member

Next

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!