Bootcamp | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Bootcamp

Postby alrice » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:02 am

I am an American who has been teaching myself Welsh for eh last three years. I would love to attend a boot camp emphasizing a Southern Welsh dialect. Ideally I would like to attend starting sometime around June 2, 2014. Is such a boot camp available?
alrice

Re: Bootcamp

Postby vgh50 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:31 am

Hi Alrice and a warm welcome to the forum :D

There are 4 Southern Bootcaps next year... :smile:

26th April to 3rd May
21st June - 28th June
26th July - 2nd August (The National Eisteddfod starts in Llanelli on the 2nd August)
20th September - 27th September

You can find out more here...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10393

Hope this helps :smile:

Have you tried any of the lessons yet? You'll probably find that they really complement what you've already learnt and the first course will really help your conversation flow during a Bootcamp... :smile:

Do let us know how you get on....pob lwc!
vgh50
SSiW Member

Re: Bootcamp

Postby dinas » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:14 am

alrice wrote:I am an American who has been teaching myself Welsh for eh last three years. I would love to attend a boot camp emphasizing a Southern Welsh dialect. Ideally I would like to attend starting sometime around June 2, 2014. Is such a boot camp available?

To attend a "Bootcamp" you must have completed course one plus, the associated vocabulary lessons. This is a requirement whatever your previous experience. The "Camp" is ran completely in Welsh throughout the week,
without English being used at all.
Luckily, you'd have plenty of time to run through the course....
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!