Tresaith Bootcamps 2014 | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Re: Tresaith Bootcamps 2014

Postby DaiTwp » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Helo

My partner is interested in attending one of the Tresaith bootcamps this year. However, we have a slight problem as she doesn't want to be away from our two sons (a 2 year old and 1 month old) for a week. I am a Welsh speaker myself and am keen to persuade her to go on the bootcamp as it would boost her confidence to use her Welsh. Is there somewhere nearby for me to stay? and if so, would the (from what I've read) intensive programme for the bootcamp leave her time to see the boys?

Diolch
mae pob dicÿn bach yn (h)elp, ys gwetws y dryw bach wrth bisho yn y môr

every little bit helps, as the wren said as he pissed in the sea
DaiTwp

Postby Tahl » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:00 pm

DaiTwp wrote:My partner is interested in attending one of the Tresaith bootcamps this year. However, we have a slight problem as she doesn't want to be away from our two sons (a 2 year old and 1 month old) for a week. I am a Welsh speaker myself and am keen to persuade her to go on the bootcamp as it would boost her confidence to use her Welsh. Is there somewhere nearby for me to stay? and if so, would the (from what I've read) intensive programme for the bootcamp leave her time to see the boys?

Yes. Right next door to the Canolfan where Bootcamp is held, there are comfy flats hired out by the same folks who run the Canolfan (details at www.tresaith.net). Bootcampers who expect they won't be comfy in the bunk rooms have often stayed in them, and I'm sure you could make it work for you and the boys (for instance, Cat and Iestyn and the boys stayed there when Cat was having back trouble) -- and that would let you & them participate in Bootcamp activities like playing on the beach and having meals. You would be a big asset. It's a vacation in Welsh, after all, not an actual course. :D

[Edited to add URL.]
Currently working on: SSIW Course 3, Lesson 21 (Southern);
SSIS Course 1, Lesson 19; SSIS MFSA Tourist Spanish, Lesson 10.
Tahl
SSiW Angel

Postby DaiTwp » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:09 pm

Diolch Tahl,

I meant to say in my previous post that I would be more than willing to help out with the bootcamp where I could. I'll have a chat with my partner tonight about it. As long as I can convince her she won't be missing our sns too much I'm pretty sure she'll be all for it.
mae pob dicÿn bach yn (h)elp, ys gwetws y dryw bach wrth bisho yn y môr

every little bit helps, as the wren said as he pissed in the sea
DaiTwp

Postby Tahl » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:25 pm

(For those who don't know, Dai was in the final four for Dysgwr y Flwyddyn in the Eisteddfod a couple of years ago. Having extra inspiration around at Bootcamp is always good. :D )
Currently working on: SSIW Course 3, Lesson 21 (Southern);
SSIS Course 1, Lesson 19; SSIS MFSA Tourist Spanish, Lesson 10.
Tahl
SSiW Angel

Postby Iestyn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Sorry, Dai - just seen this!

We would love to have you and the boys on bootcamp. The experience is not truly "intensive". It is intense, yes, because there is no rest from the effort of doing everything in Welsh, but we build in quite a bit of free time which is usually taken up with playing games, drinking coffe or going for walks / playing on the beach etc.

As long as your partner doesn't use the presence of the family as an excuse to not do important activities (yes, ok, I do mean the pub here!), and as long as you are happy to be totally strict on the Welsh-only rule, then you are all more than welcome.

If you have any more questions, then ask away, but otherwise, start planning for a family holiday to Tresaith!
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

Postby Joanie » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:49 pm

When can we book? :)

Edit: When can we book for the summer/fall ones?
Last edited by Joanie on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joanie
SSiW Member

Postby faithless78 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Just booked my place for June! :D :D :D
Rwy'n gwneud SSiW Cwrs 3 (Deheuol) Gwers 25,
a SSiW Lefel 1 newydd (Deheuol) hefyd (rwy newydd gwpla Her 14).
“Falle fod e'n hen foi od i bawb arall, ond nid i fi.” DCI Mathias #ygwyll
"Weithir, rwy'n moyn yfed dy gwrw di hefyd!" SSiW Cwrs 2, Gwers 24
faithless78
SSiW Member

Postby Iestyn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Hurrah! Thank you, Gav!

Do you want to "introduce" yourself on the June thread as well, just to start a trend, and get to know your fellow bootcampers before you enter the House of Pain... ahem, sorry... the holiday of a lifetime...?
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

Postby faithless78 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Will do....
Rwy'n gwneud SSiW Cwrs 3 (Deheuol) Gwers 25,
a SSiW Lefel 1 newydd (Deheuol) hefyd (rwy newydd gwpla Her 14).
“Falle fod e'n hen foi od i bawb arall, ond nid i fi.” DCI Mathias #ygwyll
"Weithir, rwy'n moyn yfed dy gwrw di hefyd!" SSiW Cwrs 2, Gwers 24
faithless78
SSiW Member

Postby Heledd ap » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:21 pm

Helo!
Heledd in Tresaith here - looking very much forward to having SSiW lot back to Tresaith very soon!
If and should you have any questions at all about Tresaith or indeed the accommodation we provide, then please do not hesitate to contact me. The hostel is very large, we do have 3 flats next door so if family also wish to come enjoy Tresaith for a break, there is space - although flats do book up, so need to be sudden.
If you are coming from abroad (over seas) then I could arrange for bed linen at a small price (for the hostel; linen included in the flats)

Please send me an e mail with any questions or queries: heledd@tresaith.net or call 01239 811565
We are on Facebook - like Tresaith and follow us on twitter: @ SiopTresaith

See you all soon pan y byddaf yn siarad Cymraeg YN UNIG :mrgreen:
Tro'r Trai - Llety ar lan môr Tresaith a Dinbych y Prysgod
Heledd ap

PreviousNext

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!