How do I get to Tresaith? | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

How do I get to Tresaith?

Postby hk0270pc » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Hello, pawb!

I'd like to do one of the boot camps in 2014, but I've looked on line and can't see any easy way of getting from Cardiff to Tresaith. I can take the train from Cardiff to Carmarthen, and then a bus to Caridgan, but what do I do then? I can't even find a bus that goes to Tresaith. I'll be coming from the US, so I'm depending on public transportation. Can one get a taxi from Cardigan or Carmarthen? If you've done this trip in the past, please share you expertise.

Thanks,
Dorothy Brown
hk0270pc
SSiW Member

Re: How do I get to Tresaith?

Postby Aran » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:18 pm

There are bus services from Cardigan (see here for one: http://richardsbros-co-uk.temp.w3hostin ... ts/554.pdf ) - but if you stay in touch, there's almost always someone coming from a general southerly direction in a car - at a pinch, I'm sure Iestyn would be able to pick you up, given fair warning...:)
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby Iestyn » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Yep, there are a number of options.

There is a bus to Cardigan (Aberteifi) from Carmarthen (Caerfyrddin), with an ongiong connection to Aberporth or Tan y Groes, both of which are about a mile or so from Tresaith.

Another more regular (as in there are more buses each day) option is the bus from Carmarthen to Newcastle Emlyn which is a 15 minute drive from Tresaith.

But definitely the most fun / least lonely way of getting to Tresaith is to contact a fellow bootcamper coming from the general direction of your flight and meet up with them somewhere to share the journey.
The SSiW mantra: "Don't worry. If you say something slightly different to me, people will just think you are from a different area / village / street / family to them, or more likely not notice at all!"

"Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still." Chinese Proverb
Iestyn
SSi CFO

Postby Colettet » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:00 pm

I am sure you will find a fellow Bootcamper to get a lift from but .... I am at my caravan a lot over the year which is near to Newcastle Emlyn, Cardigan and about 10 mins from Tresaith so .... nearer the time ... if I am there and you can't get a lift then .... more than happy to help out.
Thanks to everyone for their help. Course 2 -- just started lesson 21
Colettet
SSiW Member

Location: Liverpool mainly but part of the year in Glynarthen

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!