2014 Luxury Northern Bootcamp/Bwtnos - ALL THE GOSSIP! | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

No English for a week...:-)

Re: 2014 Luxury Northern Bootcamp/Bwtnos - ALL THE GOSSIP!

Postby Gruntius » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:20 am

Glad it's going well Susanna, have a great weekend in London. :wink:
Doing the Gog thingy.

"The_drummist" on Skype if you fancy a chat.

A little bit of my past life ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXEhh2dCQYg
Gruntius
SSiW Member

Postby Anne-Northumberland » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:24 pm

An unexpected discovery! :gosh: When I was in Caernarfon, I was browsing in Palas Print and asked the shop assistant if she could recommend a story book/books for adult Welsh Learners. She suggested a couple which I already had, and then mentioned the Stori Sydyn series. She pulled one off the shelf, and then showed me some of the books in the same series that were non-fiction books. As I was in a hurry to meet the rest of the bootcampers, I took the book she had taken off the shelf. I didn't look at it again until yesterday, when I discovered that the author was Manon Steffan Ros, who entertained us all at the Caernarfon Club on our last night of Bootcamp! It's called Hunllef, and I'm looking forward to reading it.
Anne-Northumberland
SSiW Member

Postby Catrin Lliar » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Anne, I'm meeting Manon for lunch tomorrow as she's coming to this area for a meeting, I'll enjoy telling her about your serendipity. :)
Northern course female voice. Raised in Pen Llŷn, fled when 18. Spent my 20s discovering the wider world. A qualified teacher (English & art), worked in marketing with small local businesses - gave it all up to become a Mam! A creative soul who inherited my family's artistic gene, love drawing, being behind the lens of a camera and being creative with food. Movies, red wine, dark chocolate help me relax. Always here to help!
Catrin Lliar
SSi Head of Events

Postby Anne-Northumberland » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Helo!

I've just been browsing on the forum - and came across the food thread for Gadlas. I'm sorry I didn't add my thoughts to it at the time, but I thought it was only to help with the choices for the first evening, so I didn't look at it again! I would have said that I like cooking for people, and would be happy to share the prep and cooking of a meal. Never mind - not only did we not starve - but enjoyed some real treats on the evenings in the house. So thanks everyone!
Anne-Northumberland
SSiW Member

Previous

Return to Bootcamp - Welsh in the Wild!