Unable to Email through SSIW member list | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Any technical problems? Ask in here...:-)

Unable to Email through SSIW member list

Postby DaveBusey » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi,
I'm in Pennsylvania, USA. I just tried to send an Email to an SSIW member in Fairfax Virginia, USA to help us advertise our church's spring Gymanfa Ganu. I got the following funny error message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 790: include_once(/includes/functions_messenger.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /memberlist.php on line 790: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/functions_messenger.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')

Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Dave Busey
DaveBusey

Re: Unable to Email through SSIW member list

Postby RobertBruce » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:28 pm

This old forum is slowly falling apart at the seams. I'd advise you to move over to the new forum and do your messaging there - I've just been testing that functionality and it works well. :D
No one ever drowned by getting out of their depth in a Welsh conversation.

Please DO read the forum guidelines. And how about putting up a poster or two in your locality?
RobertBruce
SSiW Angel

Postby DaveBusey » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Thank you, Robert,

I'll give that a try. Diolch
DaveBusey

Postby DavidHT » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:43 pm

DaveBusey wrote:Thank you, Robert,
I'll give that a try. Diolch

I'm online on the new forum as well so feel free to send me a message to test.
David HT
I reached (southern) cwrs 2 gwers 18, and struggled. Went back to the beginning of course 2, by way of revision, and light relief! Currently revising gwers 9.
Please feel free to correct my Welsh, and if you can explain why that's even better!
Currently doing Mynediad 2 at evening classes.
DavidHT
SSiW Member

Postby DaveBusey » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Thank you, David,

I am unable to log on properly to the new forum. On my Linux laptop with a slightly older version of Konqueror, I get the [presumably JavaScript] error message: "Rangy not supported in your browser. Reason: neither Range nor TextRange are implemented." On my Win XP laptop using up to date Firefox, I keep getting thrown back to the login screen Log in to SaySomethingin where at the URL I see https://site.saysomethingin.com/login

Perhaps I'll try the "forgotten your password?" hyperlink.
DaveBusey

Postby Tahl » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:02 pm

DaveBusey wrote:Perhaps I'll try the "forgotten your password?" hyperlink.

Yes, that's a good bet when you have login problems on the new forum.

Feel free to see if you can send me a PM / email -- either there or here -- to advertise your Gymanfa Ganu. I'm on the board of the Washington, D.C. Welsh society. :D If you have any trouble reaching me through those, you can always go through http://www.washingtondcwelsh.org. Is yours the Gymanfa Ganu in Delta? If so, it's already on our Events page there. I'd be happy to mention it on Facebook page, where I'm an admin.
Currently working on: SSIW Course 3, Lesson 21 (Southern);
SSIS Course 1, Lesson 19; SSIS MFSA Tourist Spanish, Lesson 10.
Tahl
SSiW Angel

Postby DaveBusey » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:35 am

Thank you, Tahl,

I was unsuccessful getting the message sent through either the new forum or this vintage version. However, I joined the Washington DC Welsh group. I was able to send it to your mailbox on that site, if you'll be so good as to check it. I look forward to meeting you in DC.
DaveBusey

Postby Aran » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm

DaveBusey wrote:I was unsuccessful getting the message sent through either the new forum or this vintage version.

Have you had any luck resetting your password for the new site?
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Postby DaveBusey » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:03 am

Yes, thank you Aran. I have a new password for the new site and my old password for this site. I can access both Ok. I was just having trouble using the private messaging on both. I still am, but I can work around it. Perhaps it's my operating system. I'm using a "live DVD" version at the moment, and it sometimes doesn't provide all the smooth sailing that my normal HDD installed OS does.
DaveBusey

Return to Help! It doesn't work!