Offspring Said Something In Welsh | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Tell us about the fun you've had trying to use your Welsh...:-)

Offspring Said Something In Welsh

Postby r3dh3d » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:15 am

My youngest (7) is mostly baffled by Welsh - we live in Surrey except for school holidays so the only Welsh she hears is when I stick SSIW on in the car and sometimes she parrots along with me. Last Friday we were up at South Stack in Anglesey and as we left the lighthouse I said: "What do we say?" so she said "Thankyou" to the chap who gave the tour. I said: "How do we say it?" and she screwed up her little face with the effort of thinking and said: "Diolch yn fawr?" He said "Croeso", of course, and I am counting that as A Conversation. :D
Processing through N Wales Course 1 in an extremely stately fashion.
r3dh3d

Re: Offspring Said Something In Welsh

Postby Aran » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:54 am

:seren:
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Re: Offspring Said Something In Welsh

Postby dreamsofwales » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:43 am

That's great and much more than I ever get from the non-Welsh speaking "kids" in my house, even though they are 17, nearly 16 and..... 51! Still, I did manage to get my partner to saying "shwmae" and "dyna ni" at the M4 toll bridge on Saturday, so that's got to be some sort of progress :party:
Course three (southern) lesson twenty two and have dabbled with the Course one gog lessons.
dreamsofwales
SSiW Member

Return to Welsh Encounters of the Nervous Kind