Page 1 of 1

More boasting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:47 pm
by hewrop
I have just returned from the Cardigan Bay Seafood festival at Aberaeron http://www.aberaeron.info/seafood/Seafood2012.jpg where I had (in the following order) honeyed ice cream; Prawns, chorizo and deep-fried risotto balls served by Stephen Terry http://www.thehardwick.co.uk/index.php/chef; followed by 6 oysters and a glass of Muscadet.....
... sorry I need to leave the keyboard :mrgreen:
----------- 5 minutes later --
I'm much better now, thanks :D
I just wanted to boast that after a 10 minute converstion in Welsh about oysters, I stumbled on the word for traditional (it's OK, I've looked it up since) and felt obliged to explain that I was a learner. The lady kindly said "I couldn't tell". The fact that she was Polish didn't diminish my pride one bit :harhar:

Sorry :sad: not to have posted this event but I only learned about it last night.

Re: More boasting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:54 pm
by Iestyn
hewrop wrote:...after a 10 minute converstion in Welsh about oysters, I ... felt obliged to explain that I was a learner. The lady kindly said "I couldn't tell". The fact that she was Polish didn't diminish my pride one bit


Huw, Huw, Huw.

Aran and I have been telling you that you speak beautiful Welsh, with a lovely accent, and with a fully natural flow, and it takes a Pole to convince you that we are right? Tsk is all I can say!

But da iawn - maybe if more people knew that you had learned (you are certainly not a learner anymore!) as an adult, then they would also comment. But I'm afraid that unless you wear a badge or t-shirt or something, people will just assume that you are first language. :cry: :sad: :-? :lol:

Re: More boasting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:38 am
by Aran
Iestyn wrote:Aran and I have been telling you that you speak beautiful Welsh, with a lovely accent, and with a fully natural flow, and it takes a Pole to convince you that we are right? Tsk is all I can say!


Ia, dw i'n cytuno'n llwyr!

Re: More boasting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:49 am
by hewrop
Diolch i chi dau.
Tarw ydwi ac mae'n ishe i fi cael sicrhad :smile:

Re: More boasting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:06 am
by Aran
hewrop wrote:Tarw ydwi ac mae'n ishe i fi cael sicrhad :smile:


Am ryw rheswm, wnes i ddarllen hynna fel 'Tarw ydwi ac mae ishe i fi gael buchod'...:wink:

Re: More boasting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:36 am
by hewrop
Aran wrote:
hewrop wrote:Tarw ydwi ac mae'n ishe i fi cael sicrhad :smile:


Am ryw rheswm, wnes i ddarllen hynna fel 'Tarw ydwi ac mae ishe i fi gael buchod'...:wink:

Na, dim diolch. Dw i'n iawn ar hyn o bryd :lol:

Re: More boasting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:39 am
by Aran
hewrop wrote:Na, dim diolch. Dw i'n iawn ar hyn o bryd :lol:


Dim grass-fed, hyd yn oed?...:wink:

Re: More boasting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:41 pm
by hewrop
Aran wrote:Dim grass-fed, hyd yn oed?...:wink:

Wel - nawr ti'n siarad :harhar: