Nervous with good outcome! | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Tell us about the fun you've had trying to use your Welsh...:-)

Nervous with good outcome!

Postby Nutria7 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 pm

I surprised myself today as we had Welsh speaking customer complaining about our boss not doing something for him although he has been promised many times...I tried to comfort him in English saying 'I know, I know..., he is always like this, we know...' and then this phrase came to my mind: Mr Jones, does dim eisiau i ti dweud dib byd...Mr Jones lost his track, he never expected Welsh with Polish accent and gave up till next week, unfortunately I have to chase boss again...I think it is still good result for only 7 lessons compleated :D
Please feel free to correct my English. Too early for Welsh ;-)
Nutria7
SSiW Member

Re: Nervous with good outcome!

Postby Dee » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:49 am

Sounds like you might get lots of practice of - Mae'n ddrwg 'da fi (or gen i) - not sure which version you're doing. :lol: Great opportunity to use your Welsh though - good on you for taking the initiative! And if you can sort out your boss, you may find you have a Welsh-speaking friend for life!
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Re: Nervous with good outcome!

Postby Aran » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:44 am

Nutria7 wrote:Mr Jones lost his track, he never expected Welsh with Polish accent and gave up till next week

I'm not surprised! How brilliant...:D

Well done you!...:seren:
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Return to Welsh Encounters of the Nervous Kind