camping in North Wales in the springtime | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Tell us about the fun you've had trying to use your Welsh...:-)

Re: camping in North Wales in the springtime

Postby Cer » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Everyplace we've camped had open fire pits. And, some of the hardest ground on the planet. :lol:
:dafad: Please feel free to correct me. Thanks! :dafad:

:shock: = "Oh, is that how it's spelled!"

Waffling around in the Cwrs 2 vocab lessons.
Cer
SSiW Member

Postby ClareJ » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:01 am

Maynard wrote:but as yet need to test it in a downpour.

Can you order the rain to test it when you're somewhere else other than North Wales - we get enough already :harhar:
Bootcampers - Mae nhw'n wahanol...

ClareJ
SSiW Member

Postby parry1974 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:18 am

I have stayed at this campsite in Pen Llŷn :
http://penrallt.co.uk/

the website is not in welsh but Sue the owner is welsh speaker. The location is great - just a short walk down to the coast great wildlife, sea birds etc. Mi faswn i'w argymell!
Last edited by parry1974 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parry1974
SSiW Member

Postby Maynard » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:13 pm

anyone fancy camping/walking in N Wales next wednesday til Friday. I'm going to stay at Llanberis again and plan to walk snowdon and or the carneddau. Visit local pubs Llanberis or Caernarfon at night. Angelsey day trip planned too :dafad:

skype ..maynard.archer - croeso i siarad !
Maynard
SSiW Member

Postby RamblingJohn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:56 am

Maynard wrote:anyone fancy camping/walking in N Wales next wednesday til Friday. I'm going to stay at Llanberis again and plan to walk snowdon and or the carneddau. Visit local pubs Llanberis or Caernarfon at night. Angelsey day trip planned too :dafad:

Sorry i can't join you Maynard, i have reached Barmouth and will be heading south from there (probably saturday).
If you are doing a day trip to Anglesey do call in at the pub (Y Goron) in Aberffraw, real friendly, lots of welsh spoken and they let me put my tent up in the back garden for free, now thats what i call a hikers pub. (do say the tortoise sent you).
Cheers J.P.
Northern cwrs 2, vocabs. dipping tentative toe in cwrs3.
The todo list grows ever longer.
In the beginning there was no history, let's try and add something useful.
RamblingJohn
SSiW Member

Postby Maynard » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 am

thanks for that john i think i might just do that as ive not yet visited aberffraw - last month i went to llanfair pg brynsiencyn & benllech - im just hoping we get a break in the weather as last time i walked the carneddau i nearly came a cropper near carnedd dafydd. good luck on your rambles have you had any decent weather? :dafad:

Maynard
SSiW Member

Postby RamblingJohn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Maynard wrote:thanks for that john i think i might just do that as ive not yet visited aberffraw - last month i went to llanfair pg brynsiencyn & benllech - im just hoping we get a break in the weather as last time i walked the carneddau i nearly came a cropper near carnedd dafydd. good luck on your rambles have you had any decent weather? :dafad:

I had one day when it was rain from start to finnish, but mostly it has been dry with rather chilly nightts, check my daily blog for details, i hope the information on where i camped may be of use to others but bear in mind its only the places is stoppe and many were passed. If you go to the pub in Aberffraw and say the tortoise sent you i will be very interested in the response. They were very easy going about welsh learners.
Cheers J.P.

http://johnparsons55.wordpress.com/
Northern cwrs 2, vocabs. dipping tentative toe in cwrs3.
The todo list grows ever longer.
In the beginning there was no history, let's try and add something useful.
RamblingJohn
SSiW Member

Postby FiB » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Noswaith dda! Campinmygarden.com has lots of people on the north wales coast. Its usually cheap (£5pppn) and you might strike it lucky with a welsh host! Our garden is on (near bala), but Dwi'n dysgu Cymraig only, but happy to practice anytime!
Da ni'n siarad cymraig yma! Come and visit http://campinmygarden.com/campsites/253
FiB

Postby joannaq » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:57 am

Hi campers,
I am from the Pen Llŷn and have a camp site, just the basics, but our farm is on the sea and it is nice private and friendly, just say you are ssiw and I will know.
Adult 3 pounds per night
Children 3 pounds per night
My husband is half welsh (7th generation here) and I am a kiwi learning welsh... 3 years now.
So if you near Llangwnadl, LL538NT, Moel y Berth campsite pop in and say hello.
kindest regards
Joanna
joannaq

Postby Maynard » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:29 am

thats fantastic Joanna, i m going camping again in June so I'd like to do Llŷn this time. :cariad: I just got back last night from a few days camping in N Wales (again). The weather was a bit wet to say the least. Think yesterday was almost torrential. I stayed in Aberystwyth the first night as I wanted to spend the morning in the National Library. I wanted to read a book ( one i used to own and had accidently thrown out some time ago)and look at the exhibitions . Then i stayed on a site just outside Bala. Liked Bala , love their dialect . arghhh and there's a friendly pub called the ship/ y Llong. :dafad: :dafad:

Maynard
SSiW Member

PreviousNext

Return to Welsh Encounters of the Nervous Kind