Galwad ffôn yn Gymraeg! | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Tell us about the fun you've had trying to use your Welsh...:-)

Re: Galwad ffôn yn Gymraeg!

Postby RedGreenInBlue » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:57 pm

my_cat_silky wrote:… The fact that this lovely lady clearly understood you must have given you a real thrill, I imagine, and you were no doubt thinking to yourself afterwards that you were glad you had taken such a huge step in speaking to a perfect stranger on the phone, because now you know that you will be able to do it again! :D

Just wanted to say I had a momentary panic today about my booking at Bodalwyn - "Did I book a room for the right night?" (I've made that mistake before!) - and phoned up again. This time, although it didn't feel any less nerve-wracking, I managed to check that I have a booking (phew), and check that my planned arrival time was OK with the owner (who still sounds very nice :D ), and without lapsing into English this time! Yay!

Dw i'n edrych ymlaen yn fawr iawn at gyfarfod efo pawb yfory; wela i chi i gyd yn y Blue Creek! :dance:
Chaiff y chwyldro mo'i ddangos ar S4/C,
Ddim hyd yn oed wysnos ar ôl iddo ymddangos ar Sianel 4
efo cyflwyniad gan Melvyn Bragg…
Achos fydd y chwyldro ddim ar y teledu, gyfaill.
RedGreenInBlue
SSiW Member

Re: Galwad ffôn yn Gymraeg!

Postby SJ » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:03 pm

RedGreenInBlue wrote:Just wanted to say I had a momentary panic today about my booking at Bodalwyn - "Did I book a room for the right night?" (I've made that mistake before!) - and phoned up again. This time, although it didn't feel any less nerve-wracking, I managed to check that I have a booking (phew), and check that my planned arrival time was OK with the owner (who still sounds very nice :D ), and without lapsing into English this time! Yay!

Dw i'n edrych ymlaen yn fawr iawn at gyfarfod efo pawb yfory; wela i chi i gyd yn y Blue Creek! :dance:

:ardderchog: :seren:
Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Please read the forum guidelines - they're short and sweet!
Put up a poster - Spread the word!
Follow me on Twitter @Cymraes24
SSiW Cardiff Coffee Morning - 3rd Saturday of every month at Coffee #1, Wood Street, Cardiff
SSIW Cardiff Weekly meet-up - Every Monday evening, 7pm Mochyn Du
SJ
Gorsedd SSiW

Previous

Return to Welsh Encounters of the Nervous Kind