Correcting the Welsh mam on mutations! | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Tell us about the fun you've had trying to use your Welsh...:-)

Correcting the Welsh mam on mutations!

Postby sarahstanno » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:10 pm

After finishing Lesson 4 yesterday, had a very short chat in Welsh with native speaking mum this evening - I actually 'corrected' her on her mutations (teasing of course) - we had a good giggle about this and I repeated the SSIW mantra that no-one will notice if she gets it wrong in reality - hee hee!!

It was lovely to be able to say some little things to her in Welsh after all these years, even though of course once she answered I was gone! We both enjoyed it a lot.

Actually, she's 75 and has lived in England since she was 17 and hasn't conversed in Welsh much since (apart from to my auntie when they didn't want me and my cousin to understand when we were little!). I'm trying to persuade to have a listen to the North course - I think she'd enjoy it!
sarahstanno

Re: Correcting the Welsh mam on mutations!

Postby Aran » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 pm

That sounds lovely - well done!...:D

She'd probably fly through it and find that it activated a lot of what will have become passive language skills for her - if you manage to persuade her, do let us know how it goes!
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Re: Correcting the Welsh mam on mutations!

Postby sarahstanno » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:22 pm

I will!
sarahstanno

Return to Welsh Encounters of the Nervous Kind