Practise Welsh by volunteering with the National Trust | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Tell us about the fun you've had trying to use your Welsh...:-)

Practise Welsh by volunteering with the National Trust

Postby Daimorgan » Thu May 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Dwi ddim yn siwr os mae'r lle ma yr un da i rhoi'r post 'ma, ond os dydy o ddim, efallai fydd rhywun yn medru awgrymu lle sy'n fwy addas. Dest os mae rhywun isio gwirfoddoli yn y fro, ac yn debyg efo Cymry Cymraeg, mae 'na ddigon o gyfle i weithio efo'r Ymddiriedolaeth Genedlaethol yn Eryri. Os mae gan rhywun ddiddordeb, swn i'n hapus i anfon amserlen y dyddiau'r gwirfoddolwyr i chi (dw i wedi methu copio nhw i'r blog ma) NEU dach chi'n medru ysgrifennu i Simon Rogers (Cymro Cymraeg!) yn Simon.Rogers@nationaltrust.org.uk
Mae eu gweithredoedd yn cynnwys gwaith coedwig, cau bylchau mewn wal gerrig sych, codi lefelau corstiroedd, paratoi'r safle ar gyfer dathliadau penblwydd, pwnio rhedyn, ayyb.
(Rhaid imi gyfadde mod i'n amheus am yr Ymddiriedolaeth 'Genedlaethol' ar ol y digwyddiadau yn Erddig a gan bod nhw 'heb bres' ar gyfer rhoi safon cyfartal i'r Gymraeg yn y Fro ond yn ddigon cyfoethog i brynu ac ymdopi coedwigaeth y Comisiwn Coedwigaeth; ond mae'n debyg fydd y criw yn Swindon yn dod yn ymwybodol o ba mor bwysig ydy'r iaith Gymraeg os mae 'na bobl yn Lloegr a'r tramor yn gwirfoddoli ar gyfer ei hymarfer.)

(I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this post, but if not maybe someone will suggest a different location. Just in case anyone's interested in working as a volunteer in a largely Welsh-speaking area, and so with a reasonable probability of working with native speakers of Welsh, there are numerous opportunities for volunteering with the National Trust in Snowdonia. If anyone's interested I'd gladly pass on their volunteers' timetable (failed to copi it into this post!) OR you could write directly to Simon Rogers (a native speaker of Welsh) at Simon.Rogers@nationaltrust.org.uk
Activities include woodland work, dry-stone wall gapping, preparing the ground for an anniversary event, flattening bracken etc.
( I must admit I have some reservations about the National Trust after their performance at Erddig House and in view of their 'lack of cash' when it comes to giving Welsh equal status with English in the Welsh heartlands but well enough heeled to buy up and manage Forestry Commission woodland; but maybe the people in Swindon will recognise the Welsh language as a valuable resource if people from England and beyond volunteer in order to practise it.)
Daimorgan
SSiW Member

Re: Practise Welsh by volunteering with the National Trust

Postby Aran » Fri May 06, 2011 9:52 am

Daimorgan wrote:(I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this post, but if not maybe someone will suggest a different location.

[Just giving this excellent suggestion its own thread so that more people will see it...:)]
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Return to Welsh Encounters of the Nervous Kind