Speaking Welsh in Wales at last! | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Tell us about the fun you've had trying to use your Welsh...:-)

Re: Speaking Welsh in Wales at last!

Postby Elizabeth Jane » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:55 am

Sounds like you have been doing the same as me, trying to have as many mini conversations as possible. I also found people really helpful, and is such a thrill to be able to communicate, even a little. 
Elizabeth Jane
http://hannercymraes.blogspot.com

Please feel free to correct my Welsh
Elizabeth Jane
SSiW Member

Postby my_cat_silky » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Aran wrote::seren:

That sounds like a breakthrough...:d

Thanks, Aran! :D She has her moments...I'm not sure how she is going to react when we return to Wales in October and I launch into my Welsh-speaking efforts once again! :-?
my_cat_silky
SSiW Member

Postby my_cat_silky » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Elizabeth Jane wrote:Sounds like you have been doing the same as me, trying to have as many mini conversations as possible. I also found people really helpful, and is such a thrill to be able to communicate, even a little. 

I absolutely agree, Elizabeth Jane! It really made my day when I was able to get into conversation with people in shops and cafes. I really had to take my courage in my hands sometimes to initiate a conversation, but I always found people so friendly and willing to respond to my efforts, and that obviously inspired me to even greater efforts! We are going back in October and I can't wait to see how I'll get on after having finished the Intermediate Course and the Vocab Units - I'll be looking forward to trying out all my new structures and vocab! Do you visit Wales often?
my_cat_silky
SSiW Member

Postby margaret steinmann » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:51 am

I am not sure whether you received my reply. (Yesterday). Dw i'n licio siarad efo'chdi ar y Skype- ond mae problem bach. Dw i ddim yn gwybod sut i ddodi dy enw ar y Skype! Yn arfer mae ein mab yn gwneud hynny ond mae ef ddim yma rwan tan diwedd y mis Medi. Os ti'n medru aros tan mae e'n dychwelyd, mi fasai fe'n gwneud hynny.
In the meantime Perhaps we could correspond per E-mail. I live in Switzerland because my husband is Swiss but I am British with a Welsh grandfather.
My E-mail address : margaret[dot]steinmann[at]gmx[dot]net

Hwyl,
Margaret

[Edit: I've adjusted your e-mail address, as suggested by llanfairfach, to keep the spam-bots away. Hope you don't mind. --Sionned]
margaret steinmann
SSiW Member

Postby llanfairfach » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:16 pm

margaret steinmann wrote:I am not sure whether you received my reply. (Yesterday). Dw i'n licio siarad efo'chdi ar y Skype- ond mae problem bach. Dw i ddim yn gwybod sut i ddodi dy enw ar y Skype! Yn arfer mae ein mab yn gwneud hynny ond mae ef ddim yma rwan tan diwedd y mis Medi. Os ti'n medru aros tan mae e'n dychwelyd, mi fasai fe'n gwneud hynny.
In the meantime Perhaps we could correspond per E-mail. I live in Switzerland because my husband is Swiss but I am British with a Welsh grandfather.
My E-mail address : margaret.steinmann at gmx.net

Hwyl,
Margaret

Hello there.

You may want to edit that email address. For example write at instead of using @. Otherwise it might be picked up my spammers.

I hope you don't think me rude.

Hwyl Fawr.
Please feel free to correct my Welsh.

Finished Lesson 22 Course 3 (Northern).
llanfairfach
SSiW Member

Previous

Return to Welsh Encounters of the Nervous Kind