Sgwrs bach gyda Pws! | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Tell us about the fun you've had trying to use your Welsh...:-)

Sgwrs bach gyda Pws!

Postby spanglegem » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Last Friday at our Cawl a Chân in Llanelli, I had my first proper two way conversation, although it was very tiny, with Dewi Pws of all people! I was about to close some doors near our table because it was getting chilly, when Dewi Pws jumped in to tell me, in Welsh, that the band (Radwm) were still bringing some of their instruments in from the van. I understood most of what he had said, so replied in Welsh, ' Sorry, I don't speak Welsh, but I am learning.' He was so nice! He slowed down the rate at which he was speaking and introduced me to two members of Radwm, Joe, and then Helen, who he explained was from Bristol. Both are Welsh learners. I nodded and smiled a lot and then said 'Dw i'n trio yn galed!' He was so kind and encouraging, what a nice man!
The show was amazing and I would encourage anyone who hasn't done so already to go to see them if you get the chance. They performed separately and then together with Ryland Teifi as 'Sesh Bach'. Arbennig!! :clap:
spanglegem
SSiW Member

Re: Sgwrs bach gyda Pws!

Postby Gelis » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:26 pm

:star: :clap:
>^.^<
Gelis
SSiW Member

Postby dinas » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Dewi Pws is a welsh national treasure. :clap:
"Two windows on the world are better than one...." Helena Jones

Yes I hear it!... Hiraeth - the link with the long-forgotten past, the language of the soul, the call from the inner self. Half forgotten - fraction remembered. It speaks from the rocks, from the earth, from the trees and in the waves. It's always there.
dinas
SSiW Member

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:18 am

Brilliant! I bet you're still smiling at the memory. Well done :clap:
Dee
Archdderwydd SSiW

Postby sumsmeister » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:33 am

Is there a more interesting, genuine person to have a little sgwrs with? Aran and Iestyn are close, mind!
Cymru am byth!
Please the Forum Guidelines
sumsmeister
SSiW Angel

Postby spanglegem » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks guys, still smiling! :D
spanglegem
SSiW Member

Postby Aran » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:25 pm

sumsmeister wrote:Is there a more interesting, genuine person to have a little sgwrs with? Aran and Iestyn are close, mind!

What do you reckon, Iestyn? I can ban him on your behalf, and then you can ban him again on my behalf?...:razz:

Mary, that's a pretty impressive way to *start*! Heaven knows where you'll end up with it all when you've really got the hang of it...:wink:
Loan $25 somewhere worthwhile with the SSiW Kiva team
Forum Guidelines | How far have you got with SSiW? Let us know HERE
Aran
SSi CEO

Return to Welsh Encounters of the Nervous Kind