Not nervous, just surprising... | If SSIW is helping you, why not help us? Get DAILY lessons: Become an SSIW Member!

Tell us about the fun you've had trying to use your Welsh...:-)

Re: Not nervous, just surprising...

Postby chrome angel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:36 am

MikeEllwood wrote:
Talking of Rownd a Rownd, I noticed here: http://www.s4c.co.uk/rowndarownd/
that they are holding open auditions, Bore Sadwrn, 15/03.2014. (oops, that's tomorrow, isn't it).
There is a phone number and an e-mail address listed for anyone interested.

I'm sure i could manage to sip tea and eat cake in the cafe in english OR welsh!! i have a younger brother who lives in menai bridge, did let him know about the auditions......suspect he's not very keen!!
skype at deb_critchley
finished course 3 and happy to chat :)
https://www.facebook.com/deb.critchley
chrome angel
SSiW Member

Postby sumsmeister » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:41 am

MikeEllwood wrote:Yndw! :-) We need a supplementary course "how to talk yourself out of trouble....". :dafad:

A useful Welshman to know in these cases is Dai-version. Just start talking about rugby and you'll be fine.
chrome angel wrote: we said afterwards that my boyfriend sounded like his voice comes from his belly, but this local guy's voice seemed to come from the top of his chest, i have no idea if that's biologically even possible !!!! but that's how it sounded

Ask any choir-singer or actor and they'll tell you about projection, it's chapter one in the technique hand-book "How to be heard at the back of the hall."
Cymru am byth!
Please the Forum Guidelines
sumsmeister
SSiW Angel

Postby MikeEllwood » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:41 am

sumsmeister wrote:
MikeEllwood wrote:Yndw! :-) We need a supplementary course "how to talk yourself out of trouble....". :dafad:

A useful Welshman to know in these cases is Dai-version. Just start talking about rugby and you'll be fine.

:lol:

Ask any choir-singer or actor and they'll tell you about projection, it's chapter one in the technique hand-book "How to be heard at the back of the hall."

Yes, it is amazing what real actors can do in that respect.
Not the same, but a good story: Laurence Olivier is supposed to have said to an American Method actor who was trying to really "get into" his part: "try acting, dear boy". :D

RaR Auditions: if anyone knows anyone who went, or knows someone who knows someone... (I'll bet there's a special Welsh verb for that), I'd love to hear the clec.
Northern: Flirting with C3

O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau
MikeEllwood

Previous

Return to Welsh Encounters of the Nervous Kind